HDD shipping packaging

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me as I’ve had no reply from WD but how should a HDD being packaged & shipped? Is there a minimum amount of packaging required or a certain type?

I appreciate there will likely be varying types etc that different companies use but as a general rule. For example, would it be acceptable to put a 2.5" HDD in a small jiffy bag then put that in a larger jiffy bag then send it royal mail recorded so the package is put in the postmans bag to be delivered with standard mail, albeit signed for??

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated as I’m in the middle of a dispute.

Cheers

Hi the drive should be wraped in bubble wrap then put in a small box . RMA number and send address on the outside of the box also put your return address on the outside of the box. Just to be sure put a paper inside the box with your RMA number home address and phone number.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue.

1 Like

raoulduke77 wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me as I’ve had no reply from WD but how should a HDD being packaged & shipped? Is there a minimum amount of packaging required or a certain type?

I appreciate there will likely be varying types etc that different companies use but as a general rule. For example, would it be acceptable to put a 2.5" HDD in a small jiffy bag then put that in a larger jiffy bag then send it royal mail recorded so the package is put in the postmans bag to be delivered with standard mail, albeit signed for??

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated as I’m in the middle of a dispute.

Cheers

Hi raoulduke77. Sorry to hear that you haven’t heard back on how to pack and ship a drive. Usually an e-mail is automatically sent out with the shipping and packing instructions. I included some links below that may help:

Shipping and Packing

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1222

1 Like