Error while repairing bad sectors - 08 on WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 (WD Caviar Green)

There is no way to repair bad sectors.  Anyone who tells you that software x will do it, they are lying.  All you did was just put those bad sectors in the glist on the drive, that is all.  Personally, I would have RMAed the drive because through the support site, there is an area for Europe…

See here:  http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/rmainfo.asp?custtype=end&lang=en

As for the issues with the Lifeguard Diag software… I understand your point, however programming is diffiicult and there are people who wrote the code and the instructions.  People make mistakes all the time, it’s in human nature.  If someone who works for WD and revises the instructions, they know the software.  They fixed the mistake in their head.

As for other people having issues with the WDC Green drives… what do you expect?  They are the cheapest drives in the series.  I tell people not to buy the green drives for this reason.  I tell them to go for the Blue drives (laptops) or the Black drives (for desktops) because they are better drives overall.  Just look at the warranty… I have had my WDC 1TB Black drive running in my server 24/7 since October 2009 and it’s still running strong.  

As far as I am concerned, you made the mistake in buying the green drive…