Enquiries Regarding to Warranty (Penang, Malaysia)

(i) Does WD support for the global warranty? Let say I bought HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB from Malaysia, can I warranty it in USA? If yes, what is the standard procedure to warranty it in foreign country? Same as the usual RMA workflow?

(ii) What are the standard protocol and charges if I intended to extend my HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB up to 3 years warranty. As to my recent knowledge, WD only provides 2 years limited warranty for this particular model- HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB.

(iii) Can you please list out the service center (WD) that I can send back my damaged HDD for warranty? Currently I am living in Penang, Malaysia. I am more predisposed to hand the RMA HDD by myself than send by mailing; if the first option is available to me.

(iv) Does Nas Red- WD30EFRX come with 3 years limited warranty- worldwide? As I have come across this information from web.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

(iii) The last time I RMA’d my hard disk, WD sent someone from the local distributor/reseller to pick up from me. That should be safe enough than sending it yourself. I’m in KL.

yongchiunhuei wrote:

(i) Does WD support for the global warranty? Let say I bought HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB from Malaysia, can I warranty it in USA? If yes, what is the standard procedure to warranty it in foreign country? Same as the usual RMA workflow?

(ii) What are the standard protocol and charges if I intended to extend my HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB up to 3 years warranty. As to my recent knowledge, WD only provides 2 years limited warranty for this particular model- HDD WD30EZRX- 3TB.

(iii) Can you please list out the service center (WD) that I can send back my damaged HDD for warranty? Currently I am living in Penang, Malaysia. I am more predisposed to hand the RMA HDD by myself than send by mailing; if the first option is available to me.

(iv) Does Nas Red- WD30EFRX come with 3 years limited warranty- worldwide? As I have come across this information from web.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

You should be able to replace your hard drive on any of the supported countries, but you need to contact support first so they can update the warranty region. 

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Thanks for your sharing. It is a wonderful that local distributor picked up the HDD from your area. Yahoo…