Drive passing WinDLG tests/no problems shown there, but still failing writes

Hi,

I bought a 1TB WD10EALX (Caviar Blue) drive in December of 2011, used it as my primary partition drive in a custom build. Drive worked fine for a year or so, started giving troubles last year, replaced with SSD.

Now it sits as my Steam directory and file storage, and I am now getting “Device failed to write” or “Write failed” or “Busy Writing” and some odd windows errors when copying files to and from the device (or playing a .wmv file (server execution failed)). Steam sometimes fails to update game files because it says the disk is busy.

It seems like reads are working ok, they have failed sometimes when moving files off the drive or while playing a videogame. Writes are the largest problem though.

The drive is not completely broken and is only a bit of a problem, but I want to know if this can somehow be replaced with the warranty which still exists on my drive - anyone been in a scenario like this and been able to get a replacement through WD?

In order to replace a WD Product under warranty, please visit the following link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/

Regards,