Occasional Visitor
Chuckp

Downloading Acronis Align Tool

I still can't download the software.  See http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/WD-align-some-question/td-p/409152

Does anyone know if downloading is stopped because you don't have the registed WD drive in the computer used for the download?  I'm trying to download to a different computer prior to drive installation.

Occasional Visitor
wre9182736

Re: Downloading Acronis Align Tool

I am having the same problem !! very frustrating

Visitor
NeedHelp

[ Edited ]

Same here! Keeps re-directing to manage account page. My drive is registered and it is in this PC.

Occasional Visitor
ThisIsGarbage

Yep, me too.  I feel WD sold a product that was supposed to work out of the box but instead sold something that didn't work so they can force people to provide their information.  It's also sad that I have to check "No" to indicate that I don;t want them to send me email garbage.  HD doesn't work, registration **bleep**, and WD website is broke.  I will not go through this the next time I but a hard dirve.

Occasional Visitor
Chuckp

Looks like the problem has been solved.  I just downloaded the software.  Now to try what should be the hard part.  Installation.

Community Manager
Bill_S

I just found out that this issue has been fixed.  You will need to register your product to download the software.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Occasional Visitor
sarice

Experiencing the same issue so it does not appear to be resolved for everyone.

To be clear - I did register the HD, it does show up in my account as registered, and when I click on the registered product and follow the link to downloads and select the Acronis Align Tool I am sent back to the account main menu page.

Any suggestions appreciated

Community Manager
Bill_S

What's your product number?

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Visitor
dezinfectant

Now it's getting ridiculous. Why would we need to register? as if we can use this software with harddrive from other brands?
Mine is mounted and screwed. This is really a bummer.  

Visitor
dezinfectant

and now, I have registered my harddrives, two of them altogether. Still same problem occurs.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD