Customer Service Issues

I have had an ongoing issue with customer service for over a week now.  On Monday 02/19/2015, I contacted customer support because the 1 TB internal hard drive failed.  According to the tech person I took it to and paid $70 to diagnose, the internal hard drive was defective. I called on Monday, and was told the Western Digital system was down due to upgrades and to call back on Tuesday 2/20. I called back on Tuesday morning and was told that because of their upgrades my zip code for both home and work was not in their system (Really?). The customer service rep told me someone would call me back in 5 hours, but I never received a phone call so I called Wednesday (2/21) morning. This time, I was transferred to a supervisor named “[[Deleted - Trancer]].” [[Deleted - Trancer]] told me my zip code still was not in the system, but would call me back later that day for an update. [[Deleted - Trancer]] did call me back, but said my address could not be entered into their system for 24-48 hours, but it should be sent to me no later than Monday 1/26. I was promised a phone call, over night shipping, and a return lable.  However, on Monday 1/26, I received none of the above. I called again on Tuesday 1/27 and once again gave all of my info including my credit card number for a “hold.” I was told it would be over nighted to me and I should have it no later that Tuesday 1/27. All seemed good, right?  A few hours later, I received an email that stated the following:

"Hello,

I’m sending this correspondence to let you we are trying to ship the unit that you need but our RMA issues department does not on inventory the replacement unit you need at this time, so we need to know If there was another equipment you would like to have instead as replacement basically something similar to your defective unit.

Have a good day.!!"

I suggested it be replaced with a 2 TB hard drive. So now I have no idea when or if I will get a new hard drive as I have yet to get a response. I have now been without a computer for my business and school for over  a week and I have no idea when I will get one. So not only has this cost me the $70 to diagnose it, but money from my business.

Hi rodrego66, welcome to the WD Community. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your device, as this is not the typical or intended experience with the product and provided support. We have passed your case along to support, please check your private messages. 

I responded to the private message with my phone number but never got a call. I was told yesterday morning when I called I would have it today as it would be sent over night. However, I still have nothing. :frowning: