Caviar green 1TB failed quick test in Windows but no errors in DOS- what other diagnostics?

Hi 

I have a Cavar Green 1TB out of warranty not used for anything fancy in in the last year not used that much  as i use my laptop more.  I had been getting BSOD when in sleep and traced it a bad module as tested by Memtest86

I put in two new 2GB sims under warranty and

I had a windows crash and tried saving the OS by doing reboots an repairs and chckdsk of various options.

Eventually I just reloaded the OS from the disk to the C drive partition. I  did all the updates and started loading some softare back  with programs going to the logical partition with the drive letter D.

WHile trying to copy  a 2 GB music folder recused from C moved  on the D  to the Music Folder on D the system would reboot. This happened twice and the files never copied

I used WD Data LIfe Guard and the drive failed the QUICK TEST at with i think the error 97.  I then ran the extended test and after 3 hours it said there were errors that maybe could be repaired

At the time I did not back up so quit got all files moved to other dirves . I ran the tool again and failed quick test and after extened asked me if I wanted to try to repair.  I DID allow it and it said everything was repaird.

I rebooted and tried the quick test and it failed.  

I  then ran the error check from Windows and it said no errors found on the D partition but had to exit to  check the C drive.I asusme this is chkdisk.   I did this and no errors found.

This made me wonder how the WD tools can scan the drive for errors if Windows could not,

So I downloaded and set up a bootable USB with the  tool.

I PASSED the quick test and still let it run extended.

It said Zero errors found,

So I am unclear why exactly it fails teh quick test in Windows and  if this drive is  in good shape now or if it had any physical issues.  How do I know if this drive has issues or allot of bad sectors that were fixed? 

Should I write to zero this drive and start fresh as I was told the OS disk only id a quick format and maybe issues can bleed through.  (Staples tech told me that)  Or now that it passed both tests in dos, am I safe?  

I did two checks that revealed one bad sector warning and an communications error the could be bad cable.

I put a new cable in and also put in an unused SATA port for good measure.

Is there any way to know if that solved any issues? Is there a test to measure it now?

Since I reloaded the OS before finding the bad sector, (I assume since it was a quick format.)  

Do I still need to write to zero and start over based on the results below or should I be looking at a new drive?

Hi Markandthefunky, If you already have a backup of your files, I would try running zeros to the hard drive and then doing another test, if it fails again then it would unfortunately appear to be faulty. 

Hello

Once you do the write to zersos what is the next step?   Do I need to format?

Can I just run the utiltiy to do the test and do I do the extended test before any OS is installed?  

Is my drive fixed now?

After writing to zero, I did a quick test and it passed with no errors.  I  made a 200 G partition for windows from the disk and  installed and updated .  I ran WD quick test in Windows and it passed. somethjing thiat did not work before.

I ran HDtune  full test and  it passed.  Then did SMART and  warning is gone and the error count has NOT increased.

How llong would it take to know if this disk is going to fail or throw up errors later? Am I fixed and can trust this drive?

Could those 2011 errors all occured when Iw as trying to save the existing OS and doing chckdisk boot repairs and such?  In other words, how likely is it that  that many errors could occur when the drive was having issues accessing the OS?

WD DLG pass quick test.JPG