Acronis True Image WD refuse to clone a 500GB HD to my new Scorpio Blue 1000GB

I can now tell you that i have been VERY disapointed by WD support.

The only help they gave me was to lost my time in operations that they knew to be useless. They sent me by email the following advices :

• “the cloning is not functionning because the new disk is unallocated, you should format it before cloning” : have you ever made some cloning before ?

• “the cloning is not functionning because your old disk has a problem, please test partitions with windows partition testing tool” : all is perfect in a brand new laptop ;

• “sorry i cannot reproduce your problem in my lab, so i cannot do anything more for you” : if a problem is not known in the lab, it does not exist !

Hopefully, some real professionals exists, and they are with Paragon. Their answer was quite simple and fast : the 500GB Toshiba disk has a 512 sector emulation, because if not windows 7 cannot even boot !

But the new drive WD scorpio blue 1000G has no 512 emulation, it is 4k sector native, so i cannot boot windows 7 on it and they cannot neither make a copy on it from 512 sector disk.

I have been deceived by WD in buying this WD scorpio blue 1000G disk, as they never told that it was a 4k sector native disk and that it is not compatible with all existing windows already on the market.

It may be that i am not alone in this trap !