AU 2.5" 500GB Scorpio Blue?

Hi All,

This is the first time I’ve purchased a new HDD and can’t figure out if this product: WD5000BPVT , which is see sold by various Australian retailers as the 500GB 2.5" Scorpio Blue, is the same as WDBABC5000ANC-NRSN which is on the US WD site.

The AU WD site does not appear to have any Internal Mobile HDD’s listed? Am I blind? Where is this WD5000BPVT coming from?

While I’d like to know the answer to the above, I guess my real question is: Is there only one 2.5" WD 500GB Scorpio Blue or is it sold in various different models. I read several reviews on it and it seems to be a good HDD but I want to make sure I’m actually getting the right one.

Any comments would be appreciated

Hi yes it is the same drive 500 gig 5400 rpm 8 meg cache. The blue drives are all the same to take a step up you would go to the WD 2.5 black drive for better performance. This page gives you the different models of blue drives.  http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=800

Thanks Hammey, appreciate the response.

That answers my question, I have purchased the one I was after. :slight_smile:

I saw the Black ones but didn’t want a 7200rpm. It’s for an older 13" MacBook Pro and I read of a few issues using 7200rpm. Was also just after a cheap solution rather than best performance at this point.

I’m curious to know why the AU WD Store does not have any mention of this product it but I guess that a question better put to WD themselves. Even a search of that product number returns no results…

Thanks