Occasional Visitor
cuttysark
Accepted Solution

500G WD Blue RMA question

Hey all. Ive got a few bad sectors (now reallocated) and my drive is constantly CHKDSKing every other bootup. Should I RMA the drive right now or wait till it fails completely?? SMART status is ok... I have since removed all data on the drive but this is the path my previous RMA'd drives take before they fail completely. Will they honor a replacement at this time?

Honored Contributor
Vadir

Re: 500G WD Blue RMA question

WD will honor the replacement an any time during warranty, you don't need to wait for the drive to completely fail.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click 'Accept as Solution' under options, for the post that solved your issue.
Honored Contributor
Wizer

Go! http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
cuttysark

tyvm

Esteemed Contributor
Awopero

WD is very nice in this type of cases, they will replace the drive for you.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
miajayson

good day! I had expiriencing not a good thing about WD blue, I brought it for almost 2weeks and suddenly it doesnt work the bad things about these i didnt have a chance to take my very important files. A few years ago i buy a 2TB WD green i was slightly lucky because it works for 1 and half years compare to my other brand HDD it almost 3 years it still in good condition. I am asking here if there's a chance to replace my HDD WD blue 500GB and take my files back?

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!

Occasional Visitor
miajayson

we hope it is a much better one!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD