3x WD Reds 4TB problems

Hi.

I’m gonna start with how this entire thing started. I built my NAS over the summer and my motherboard only supported 6 SATA III ports, so I went ahead and got me a PCI card with 4 SATA II connections, installed that, put the whole thing together and everything was working half-way through. Apparently, the three drivers connected to that PCI card were not recognizable. I installed the drivers for the card, and that didn’t really do much and then I was looking over the Disk Management and saw that I was able to activate the drivers, but for whatever reason it split them apart - 2TB partitions totaling 4TB per driver. I’m like, whatever, they’re working.

It’s my NAS, I freaking forgot my password after few months when I needed to access it for something, I was unable to do anything with it. So then I re-installed Windows and then booted everything up, installed drivers for the PCI and **bleep** hit the fan from there. I was unable to access the drivers, what-so-ever. Another quick look and I saw that the drivers in questions were Dynamic drivers … they were split, unable to activate them, unable to do anything, besides having a third party program that is able to read what’s on the drivers. The HDDs are working and healthy, but this **bleep** that I can’t at least get my data off of the storage drivers.

One has Japanese live action series shows, the other has few Anime shows, and I think the last one is empty (should be empty). My other 5 are working like cake and choclate. After more research and asking some people online to tell me what did I do wrong, they told me the PCI card I had was actually a 32-bit card … I’m like … Oh, … well, okay … why didn’t that hit me at first when I was thinking why wasn’t I able to expand it to 4TB!? … So I went ahead and bought me the right PCI-e card, I installed it into a PCI-Express 2.0 slot (or maybe 3.0?) and two of the three drivers are being detected, I probably have to install the driver for the new PCI-e card but the issue still remains the same.

All three drivers are Dynamic, I’m unable to get my data back, I cannot revert this **bleep** from Dynamic to Basic without deleting the data in question … The Disks read as MBR and they should have been GPT, I tried to convert them but that doesn’t work. I have to make the disks back to Basic from Dynamic, then switch them back to GPT, but how can I do all of that without erasing the data? If not, how can I access the data? I just went to get this stuff off first.

Can someone tell me what to do? Thank you.

Hello,

Have you tried using a data recovery software?

Check online and you should be able to find a data recovery software for free.