11-Cable Test::Write sector error!

Class Action!  Class Action!

Someone is lying:

Version 1.17:

New Features:

32/64 bit versions

Supports all Windows 7 32/64 bit versions, all Vista 32/64 bit versions and all Windows XP

I got the same eroor as you did.  With the WD software.  It passed their general quick test(green check mark).  But when I tried to load the other test I received an immediate error.  Now, I can read the release notse as well as you can for Version 1.17.

However, I spoke to a WD digital rep the other day.  Although he had an accent he told me in absolute terms their software does not work for win7.  He told me I needed to use the dos version: download it, burn it(use something like Alch 120 - was his quote) then test it.  If you receive the same error then the drive is bad.

Comeon WD Win 7 has been out long enough. . .

Anyhow, I know someone has lied to me(and you).  I am not sure if this was their intention.  I know the patch notes say it works. . .   But, I know for sure less that 20 hours ago a WD tech support rep told me their software does not support win 7 - he told me this without skipping a beat.  Has WD addressed this issue anywhere else?

Anyone having BSOD?

My drive is less than a few months old.  I have read some pretty horrible stuff about WD.  However, I have used WD a lot and not had any issues.  I mean come on less than a year, less than 6 months even.  Just pushing the 90 day mark… Isnt that a smidgen obscene for my drive to break?