1 week old 6TB Hard Drive died advice required doing the swap Chip Trick

Hi fzabkar,

Just tried the MHDD program and when i try any function say for instance SMART test results or drive Make Manufacturer info query in the program i can here not a click but a servo noise from the drive just once for one second and on screen all i get is “Drive is Not Ready” in red text.

Not sure which controller the drive will be on the program has disabled the primary. Two others appear and both of those get the same result so it is seeing something on the controller but its just not firing back with anything. Does this mean the PCB is completely trashed?

Was just wondering if i took the good working board off the good working identical model hdd i bought and put it on the bad drive (which i know from trying before will prodyuce the same AHCI Port X Device Error on POST that the bad hdd also comeds up with) will it allow access to the drive using mhdd?

If you think it would work i’ll give it a try. I presume if it is succefull and if  i do a hdd erase in mhdd nothig will overwrite the data in the winbond spi chip so i can after the erase put the god board back on the good hdd and find it still reads its contents?

Best Regards