Why the downgrade to 1.03.10 is not recommended?

Thank you for your answers.
I want to do a rollback for another reason.
This problem is described in detail here:
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Intention-to-finalize-a-rear-USB-port-issue/m-p/392589

The downgrade worked perfectly for me.

Can you see your windows shares? I only have 2 options: samba and nfs. I used to have a Windows option with 1.07.15.

hp9000 wrote:

Can you see your windows shares? I only have 2 options: samba and nfs. I used to have a Windows option with 1.07.15.

Samba is the same thing as Windows Shares.   Just a different word they changed.

I figured as much, but for some reason I had to take the WDtv out of the workgroup and make it join again before it could see the shares. Weird. Anyway, I’ll see if the .vob stuttering continues and report back.

I’m sad to report that the .vob stuttering is still happenning. To a lesser extent, but still there.

Also with ISO?

I haven’t tried an ISO, if I have time I’ll do it tonight or tomorrow. But still, this shouldn’t be happening. I have a router that kicks butt (asus rt-n56u) less than 15 feet away from the WDTV and the computer where I have my movies is connected to the router with a cable, at 1Gbps. It’s definitely not a bandwith issue or the router being too far away.

I can’t see the shares anymore now. This is getting really irritating.