WHEN IS WDFME.exe GOING TO GET FIXED?

WD - you are really downgrading your product with the free software you’re offering.  you’d be better off to remove it!!!1

I’ve kept an eye on this thread for almost a year. Very surprised such a large company can’t fix this. Luckily I got a Mac shortly after buything my WD network drive so I didn’t need extra backup software.

If it is any help to anyone I have installed a MyBookLive three times now and each time had the same issue with high CPU usage following the install.

The solution that worked for me was having downloaded all the WD tools to use with the MBL, then backing up my pc and finding the CPU overworking, I then uninstalled the WD Smartware and then reinstalled it, and the problem was solved.

As I said earlier, I have done this three times, all on different PC’s, with the same result.

I am left wondering if installing all the tools at the same time somehow interferes with the WD Smartware installation.

Final question is do you really need all the tools ? I don’t know, but if you have, then this might be your solution.

Hi I’ve recently purchased and installed a mbl on a desktop and laptop and having the same problem with high CPU usage. When you uninstalled the smart ware software did you wipe the actual mbl backup as well or simply just uninstall and reinstall smart ware? I’m using the most up to date software and firmware and the high CPU usage is doing my head in so ive just disabled it from startup at the moment but would like it to run to do automatic backups. I was wondering if when you reinstalled smart ware did it to a fresh back up over the previous back up or did you wipe the mbl?

It’s horror! I have same problem…

I deleted this software.

And now my processor is unloaded, and the fan noise is smaller.

I had the same problem…just started up recently out of the blue, after having the Smartware installed for about a year. First, my Windows Firewall was being shut down…and Windows could not restart it. I found the WDFME process using 50+ % of my processing CPU. I read this forum, then uninstalled the Smartware program, now everything is OK (so far, for 1 week). I will have to find another source for backup.