WDTV Live Limited Public Beta 1.03.38_V (8/11/10)

>>>>>>>>MKVs with Compressed Header Don’t Play<<<<<<<<

PLEASE Fix It.

After Upgrading from 1.02.21 to 1.03.38 beta, WD Live HD doesn’t find Windows 7 x64 notwork shares anymore.

Edit:

Problem solved, recently installed VirtualBox “host only network adapter” was enabled.

SoNic wrote:

Upscaling or whatnot is left for the TV to handle - this feature it was requested by many a long time ago.

Surely that should be an option.

So far it happened once that resolution wasn’t reverted while the unit was in standby for half an hour, and another time happened that the TV lost the signal (also once only).
But the black screen mainly remains while WD is off. Then after some times the resolution will change to lower, althought the output settings still shows what I set earlier.
When I unplug the power and plug it back the proper resolution will be set.
It is just the standby that makes trouble.

Network shares and Internet sharing with PC works well, althought connecting to the shared folders on Windows 7 takes a minute or so.
Connection to samba share on Linux is more or less immediate.

I’m having the same issues as I had with the 1.03.22 firmware.

HDMI Handshake: When I turn off the unit I get the black screen and not the normal blue screen with the the message (Searching for Signals) as I would with the 1.02.21 firmware.

Color Space: I have the Color Space set to RGB HIgh, but when I turn the unit off and and then turn it back on again it sets it back to RGB Low.

HDMI Deep Color Mode: When I tried to set it to 12 bit, the unit locked up on me and I had to hit the reset button on the side of the box to get it back to normal. The 8 bit works fine though.

Samsung LN-T3253H connected via HDMI

WDTV Live  F/W 1.03.38_V

• Some DVD ISO’s still not play the main menu and the main movie (found it on two paramount dvd-iso’s ). Only show the trailers at the beginning.

• Wrong AC3-Output (decoded as PCM) on my MPEG2/4 TS-Files are not fixed.

I want the ac3 track as ac3 on the optical output. NOT PCM !!!

How can it be that v1.02.21 is 30Mb and v1.03.35 and .38 are more than 50Mb? the progress in firmware size is not so lineal as usual… so many new features? or so many new bugs?

I still remember the long “Resolved issues” list in v1.02.21 and it only increased 3Mb size in the firmware file since last stable one.

I wont upgrade to .38, I learnt the lesson with .35 and wasted 3-4 hours trying to fix HDMI just for checking DVD Menus (which should be an OPTION in the Video settings menu, I like selecting an .iso and starting directly the film without any disturbing menu) and it was VERY VERY slow in response moving in the menu which is something critical from my point of view.

Just “HDMI fixed” and and no other important fixes done which are already discussed in .35 thread??, no way. Thanks.

By the way, I found another issue in .21 if you consider it useful. A normal USB Keyboard didn’t work but it did in .35

Anyway… thanks for the effort, but not as expected by WD TV Live users, am I right?

By the way, I found another issue in .21 if you consider it useful. A normal USB Keyboard didn’t work but it did in .35

Well, yeah, that makes sense because that functionality was NEW in the Betas…  So, that’s not an issue in 0.2.21…

hi TonyPh12345

1080p24 still doesn’t work, it switches back to 50 or 60
TV is plasma LG 50PK550.

firmware Release 1.02.21 doesn’t has this bug.

/proper88

<<<Well, yeah, that makes sense because that functionality was NEW in the Betas…  So, that’s not an issue in 0.2.21…

You’re probably right, in Resolved Issues list in 1.02.21 it said “Added Western European language input for keyboard.” but it must be for the visual one… good new feature then :slight_smile:

I’ll try the .38 Beta tonight. HDMI compatibility is a fundamental function for the device so taking the time to get it perfect is ok with me. The local drive handling has to be perfect also. I have my primary local drive and wireless usb on the same port using a hub so the usb1 port is free for a flash drive. Works great! I have found that from time to time I need to erase the “wdtv” folder and restart to keep  it running smoothly.

Hi,

it still doesnot support Vietnamese subtiile !!

Most of media players in the market can support   Vitenamese ( unicode)  Please add it on to your next release - Thanks

You still can’t REMOVE Media plugins you add via mcode (just thought I’d remind you :wink:

bichozzz wrote:

How can it be that v1.02.21 is 30Mb and v1.03.35 and .38 are more than 50Mb? the progress in firmware size is not so lineal as usual… so many new features? or so many new bugs?

I still remember the long “Resolved issues” list in v1.02.21 and it only increased 3Mb size in the firmware file since last stable one.

I wont upgrade to .38, I learnt the lesson with .35 and wasted 3-4 hours trying to fix HDMI just for checking DVD Menus (which should be an OPTION in the Video settings menu, I like selecting an .iso and starting directly the film without any disturbing menu) and it was VERY VERY slow in response moving in the menu which is something critical from my point of view.

Just “HDMI fixed” and and no other important fixes done which are already discussed in .35 thread??, no way. Thanks.

Anyway… thanks for the effort, but not as expected by WD TV Live users, am I right?

You were on .35 and you never noticed any new features that would increase the firmware file size dramatically in relationship to .21!

How about mediafly, the ability to play DVD menus and keyboard support. Resolving issues don’t necessary take up more filesize but new features do.

But from first version, file hasn’t increased too much and it has included lots of new features along this time, that’s why I’m surprised.now.

The question is, why is it so slow to navigate in the menu now? or is it a particular problem in my WD TV Live with .35? does it have something to do with file size?

I haven’t noticed any difference in menu performance in any of these betas.

I HAVE seen, sometimes, that my WD will negotiate an HDMI setting that makes it appear that everything is slow (and movies usually look bad, too) so I go reset my HDMI parameters in the WD and everything is OK.

I installed the 1.03.38 Beta left the unit on for a while and it locked up. Rebooted left it on over night and it locked up.

What is it doing when it is on and just sitting there that would cause the unit to become unresponsive to the remote after say 2 hours?

I’ll strip it down to the local drive only tonight and see if  network activity is locking up the device and of course delete the media library and rebuild it as usual.

Picture quality seems better though.

There is a problem with the .sub subtitles, too.
The | character should split the line, but WD doesn’t do that. Instead of that it shows the character. Tried with different subtitles.
On the PC it works ok. Other subtitle types works well on both PC and WD.

WeeDee wrote:

There is a problem with the .sub subtitles, too.
The | character should split the line, but WD doesn’t do that. Instead of that it shows the character. Tried with different subtitles.
On the PC it works ok. Other subtitle types works well on both PC and WD.

A lot of things work differently on the PC, that doesn’t mean its right. I don’t see why | should split the line, we use linefeed and carriage returns for that.

What is a great problem is that the HDMI is STILL not working in this version - reverting to 1.03.22

WeeDee, .sub can refer to quite a few different subtitle formats.   Exactly which one are you using?