WDFME.exe Process Keeps Running

I thought not running SmartWare, turning backups to manual, would solve the problem, but now WDFME has taken over the CPU.     I have 1.4.5.2 installed.  Thanks for this THREAD!     Guess I’ll not start the process until another update comes out.  Better than throwing my computer out the window because it’s unusable :)!

There is new software available.  I downloanded and updated mine yesterday (version 1.5.0.17 (or.18).  I just  bought the My Book 2 TB drive a few days ago.  There was no update on the SmartWare home page when I utied using  that option.  

I tried to write a message to Tech Support and it took me to another page to download the new version, then deleted my email to Tech Support.  There is also a firmware update avaiable, which I could not run becuase somethign was always usingthe drive.

One very nice thing: in the new version, we can select WHICH files and folders to backup, instead of just using the  Categories.   The other very nice thing in the new version is that I can specify the Thunderbird mail directories to be backed up.  It still wants to save the .msf files, which are useless index files.

ps: I wish this window would let my browser show the spelling errors. 

Since the new version of SmartWare contains some major changes.   I am closing this thread.  I’ve started a new thread for the new version of SmartWare that I’d like to consolidate your experiences in.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Smartware/WD-SmartWare-Windows-Version-1-5-0-17-Update-Post-Your/td-p/220458