WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

WD2go will not work can not connect from webpage.

need help with java exception site lists.

Please help I can not connect.

It’s not going to work with Java though web-browser, and looking at the past WD will not fix it. This is most likely an abandoned function just like many other projects.

You can still access your WD HDD using the standalone software. I haven’t tried Windows version, but I know the OSX version works on my mac.

You can access it via webpage but its tricky. I had this working earlier this week at work via the wd2go website.

I can not however access this today on a different computer.

We have 6 computers between our office and home… Wd2go.com works on 2 of them out of the 6.  VERY frustrating and unacceptable in my opinion.  :confounded:

4line wrote:

I have been having trouble all day trying to get Safari to open mybook live.  I get the Java error.  I have accepted the java app to run.  The page opens and I get a share count and either the rest of the page is dark or I get the lava load hang.  I have opened the same page in firefox and I was able to open the Share in finder and had full access.  this may be a problem with Safari and I have checked and rechecked settings. 

Here is the solution that I came up with and I now have access:

select Preferences

Select Security

Click on Manage Website Settings Button

Scroll To and select Java

Select mybook live

Click on the dropdown next to mybook live and select run in unsafe mode at bottom of list

Click trust

You may have to reload the page but everything is now accessible for me.

MacBook Pro - Mavericks - Safari

Using MacBook OS X Mavericks (version 10.9.5), Safari and Java 8 Update 45, when accesing to www.wd2go.com, always provides an error on ‘‘wrong email address or password’’. WD My Cloud working fine, but for open and transfering files from/to would be much easier rather downloading from MyBook and re-downloading agin to MyBook. Tried to follow you advise but after scrolling to Java, nothing happens. Any gudance, please?. Please note Firewall is not activated.

i got mine to work.

not the most convenient route based on my own preferences but it worked:

1. go to uninstall program in control panel, remove ALL java

2. go to JAVA download page and get version 45

3. open FIREFOX and visit wd2go.com and login with your information

4. “allow and remember” java prompts and access is restored

seems like as of now new java software doesnt work in chrome.

you have to access your drive in a different browser (mine only worked with firefox)

but then if youre using chrome to upload or access your drive, you can do it with no problem via windows explorer

Just dropping a line here to say I got things working in Chrome. Just install the new Java and follow the instructions to enable NPAPI here:  http://java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome

In my Java settings, I also restored security prompts.