WD TV Live Plus Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.4.18_B (1/13/2011)

I Updated from 17 to 18. I have 2 2TB WD Elements directly attached.   I was having a problem with pausing and the menu’s not taking selection in ISO images.  The system would freeze up after about 10 minutes in either mode and would not allow menu selections or resuming playback without a system reset.  This appears to have been resolved with the 18 release, I have been able to pause overnight and resume playback the next evening.  This issue started in release 17.

I’m having trouble connecting to Netflix.  “Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later…”  I upgraded to 1.4.18_B without issue (happy to have PlayOn back) some time ago and have had no issue with Netflix until today.  I paper clipped it, reset network settings and reset factory defaults as well - no luck.

I noticed that updating the time zone still leaves the date as 12/31/1999, with the time two hours fast (correct minute, wrong hour). 

Any suggestions?

And, yes, I had no trouble with YouTube and AccuWeather (WD network connection seems fine).  I started Netfilx Watch-it-now from my pc a few minutes ago - no troubles with my account or Netflix that I can see.

I’m having problems with Netflix on this beta firmware also.  I was able to add an account and start play, but I get no sound.  Downgrading to older firmware fixed the problem.

I’d like to report my expirience with this beta.

It did work with Playon and D-Link adapter, excellent.

I switched adapter to Airlink 101 AWLL6075.

I have no problems with direct access to Netflix, Youtube,…

Everything works except Hulu through Playon: after a few minutes video slows down and audio disappears.

Downgraded to 03.39 and everything smooth again. Well, 0.5 - 1 sec stop at the beginning of every commercial, but otherwise it works.

Hi. I realize this is a beta release, so i feel the need to report something that im seeing. When playing iso files of straight rips, and i hit the “next chapter” button, the progress bar stays up until i click the “enter” key. It seemed to start in 1.4.10 as it was not doing this in 1.3.49. I dont play any other formats and due to the vob stuttering issue, ive converted to .iso files, so i cannot comment on other formats. Forgive me if this has been addressed.

The only thing the beta fixed was the wifi… avi files are now choppy and some stuff i could play won’t . I am wondering if there is ANY quality control at WD. Went back to an older firmware.

New to the forum here- figured I’d throw my experience on the table,

This Beta update fixed the DWA131 wireless problem for me. Awesome.

Have no playback problems on any type of AVI, MP4 or Quicktime format. Plays fine, no hiccups.

I don’t have the info bar stay up any longer than it should.

And it actually fixed my Netflix (I hate to say this outloud in case it is a different glitch) but I am in Taiwan now with a Canadian Netflix account and I can log in fine in my hotel room. When I was in Canada 2 months ago (before the update) I couldn’t log into Netflix at all so this is a remarkable improvement.

Everything else is great, great great.

Haven’t played too much with the music side or networking but I can see my computer and vice versa.

Cheers

I am having the same issue  - what version did you end up downgrading too?

I went to 1.03.49_b

No Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.4.18 for WD TV Live?

Tou can still get the beta but i would not use it.

Robos, .18 for the plus is the same as .17 for the nonplus. .18 just fixes the updater looping bug on the plus.

I have this problem with the final .17 too. Mine locks up on the internal HD with some of my ISO videos. I would hit back or menu and it is a 40% shot where it will delay 1-2 minutes to respond or never respond (requires unplugging it). The power button would not work to shut it down. This happens without even pausing the movie.