WD TV Live Firmware Update - Version 1.02.21

Update went smoothly for me. I couldn’t initially log into my Synology NAS but the solution was easy… I had to go in and delete saved network login and disable auto login. Relogged back into my shares. Turned auto login back on and everything is fine. I don’t use folder thumbnails.

Some MKV files thats was playing perfectly before the upgrade, now no audio. sigh!

The WDTV Live is a freaking joke!  How do I get my money back!!!  Digusted that after 3 months I still cant play half my MKVs due to audio sync issues.

After upgrade to 1.02.21 my external USB drive with NTFS file system was not detected any more. Went back to 1.01.24 and things are back to normal. Could anybody else confirm this issue?

WD Staff,

are you reading this forum. Can you confirm that 1.02.21 does not recognize NTFS drives. It doesn’t for me and at least one other fellow. I wonder what kind of QA WD does before it releases a firmware.

Thanx, K

On the positive side - the firmware upgrade went smoothly and it fixed my problem with not being able to use fast forward or reverse while watching movies. I also could not stop and resume a movie. This was a bizarre problem because FF and reverse worked fine on those movies that I converted on Windows. I had problems with movies that I rendered with my primary computer, a MacBook Pro.

Now I can use FF and Reverse as well as resume on movies from both Mac and Windows. So THANK YOU WD for fixing a big problem!

Now, the problem that I still have is I cannot see album and DVD covers. I have checked and all the album covers are jpg’s named folder.jpg and they do not show up. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next firmware upgrade.

Thanks again WD!

And to those who are complaining, I just got rid of my Patriot Box Office unit because those folks have no idea how to release firmware. You made the right choice when you purchased a WD TV Live box. Keep in mind that these are first generation units. I am sure that two years from now, we won’t have as much to complain about.

• WiLD

amythos wrote:

I just updated my device and it seems working  fine, except that it remembers only the username and password from the last accessed pc (I have two pc’s with samba shares).

I am in the same boat.  Was the same for both pre-releases.

Same here. Seems like DTS mkvs are totally hosed. I get audio for a bit, then it cuts out until I power cycle my a/v receiver. Other mkvs with DTS don’t play audio at all.

Really disappointing firmware… [deleted]. Going back to the previous version

hi,

i tried updating to this firmware version using a USB memory stick and it has ended up bricking the unit.  the unit won’t go past the WD logo page, and none of the buttons on the remote work, and the reset button on the unit doesn’t work either.  Can anyone advise me how to resolve this?

What I find really peculiar is that for a company that has been known to seed pre-release firmware in order to test compatibility issues (as they did with 1.02.14 in February), WD declined to release another beta for 1.02.21 so that the loyal WD community could test it out and report back any issues in advance of a wider public release.

I too will be giving this update a miss.

kantipper wrote:

After upgrade to 1.02.21 my external USB drive with NTFS file system was not detected any more. Went back to 1.01.24 and things are back to normal. Could anybody else confirm this issue?

I’ve exaclty the same issue. My WD Elements Desktop is not recognized anymore. No matter what i try (reset to factory defaults, reset the thing with the reset switch) :cry:

How do i go back to previous firmware?

kwomba:  see page 2

kantipper wrote:

• *Been using a 500 Gb My Passport formatted NTFS - still works perfectly after upgrade. Also, now that I can rename Workgroup for the TV Live to the same as my network, can now copy files from network to USB drive while it’s connected to the WD. Good fix.

My unit updated itself this morning and looked to go well.

Now it get this error when copying files via my mac… it worked fine before the update.

Error being returned when trying to copy via my network to the WDTV Live.

“The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.”

This update is ■■■■.

FlexTech wrote:

kwomba:  see page 2

Thanks

See Flextech about what isue ?

Ktmman1503 wrote:

See Flextech about what isue ?

About how to downgrade the firmware

where do we get previous firmwares??

astph wrote:

where do we get previous firmwares??

On page 2

My unit updated itself this morning and looked to go well.

Now it get this error when copying files via my mac… it worked fine before the update.

Error being returned when trying to copy via my network to the WDTV Live.

“The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.”

I had this same problem, the usb attached to the wdtvlive box become read only after

the upgrage…

The problem went away after I did a hard reset via the switch on the side of the box.

Jerry