WD Live always displays a pink screen

*update * after another factory reset and leaving it of for over an hour it seems to be back to normal …for how ling is the questions.

*another update*  pink yet again, a few times off and on - this last time I’ve spent an hour and still can’t get it back to normal.

i am also facing same issue can you please help me how to fix it?

I hate to say this, but this issue of not remembering the video settings has been going on for over a year now, so I am not sure that it will ever be fixed.

If you are affected by this problem, the only thing that you can do is to go into the WD setup and manually set the video output resolution/frequency and choose the color space value every time that you power up the WD box.

KJ1981, If you have a pink screen it is probably caused by the WD box choosing YCbCr instead of one of the RGB modes. If you have a consumer TV, RGB Low is usually the correct color space value. If you have a computer monitor, RGB High is usually correct.

I have the wdtv live (with wireless) and am on the latest firmware. We are getting the pink screen issue.

Our solution is to pull out the hdmi cable from the wdtv live and replug it in, and the colors go back to normal.

It usually turns pink when the wdtv unit is on and we turn off the tv.  When we come back to the room to resume watching and turn the tv back on, only then do we get the pink screen. I can’t re call if we had the same issue using an earlier firmware.

I’m not sure if it has something to do with the screen saver function.  Because we never get it while watching, it’s when we have a snack break and turn off the tv.

For us its either

1. don’t turn off the tv

or

1. If we turn the tv off and the screensaver kicks in it will be pink. We’d have to pull and replug the hdmi from the wdtv end.