WD Hub bugs open for ThumbGen v1.3

I did as you suggested and now have all the info showing up in the places it can.

I guess its just a little confusing to me at first because I was assuming that the “WDTV Live Hub Format (new FW)” would have been able to do what I guess is at this time, what is the standard? “WDTV Live Hub Format” can do, if not better because of the “new” status.

Dev… Thank you. Simply Thank You. For all your effort and help.

Here is what’s happening on my computer. When I process a folder and it finishes and returns to the main screen and I then select process files and folder again to do the next folder this is what I see. I have then exit from the processing window and bring it back again to see it correctly.

Just click “Refresh” and everything will be allright :wink:

thumbgen wrote:

Just click “Refresh” and everything will be allright :wink:

Wahhaaa??? There’s a refresh button??? If I’de seen that I woulda kept my mouth shut!

I came across that as well and confirm that refresh works (It’s located in the top ribbon, direct left of the Manual button, with filter options for what to show when refreshed to the left of that).

However, while doing the movie sheet for Freddy vs Ghostbusters 2004, there was no fan art for screen shots. Clicked on take screen shot, movie player open, went to desired frame, paused, then pressed okay. As far as I can tell nothing happened.

So I went to press Get Random screen shots, and was told I need to direct thumbgen in options to a file called mtn.exe. Went into options and saw a pretty link telling me to download now. So of course I pressed it. And it downloaded “mtnFront0.44.exe”. Now I understand usually “Front” means its a GUI, but assumed this is what I needed to grab because it was what it grabbed. I went to browse for files and it only allows me to add “mtn.exe”, so I can’t add “mtnFront0.44.exe” unless I rename it, and I don’t think that’s what is intended.

Hi.

I’m new to the theming side of the WDTV, but have owned various models of WDTV for a few years now.

Yesterday, I installed the Mojo theme and thought I’d have a go at using Thumbgen 1.3.0.0.  I’ve read the user guide and watched the video (which were a real help).

I’ve experienced a few issues today, namely:

1. Whenever it’s trying to search for a TV show, instead of using the name it’s only using the letter “T”.

I can only assume this has something to do with my network drive mapping (WDTV SMD Live is connected to my router, with a hard disk connected to the USB on the WDTV which is set as a network share).

The drive is mapped on my laptop as "T:", so referencing a single tv programme (rather than a series), the path would be: T:\TV\nameofshow.mp4

1. Once I manually change the search name, it finds the show and does all the images etc., but then when I move on to the next show, it only populates it’s IMDB number in the results, and doesn’t show any images or other info.

I hope you can help with these issues, as it really is a fantastic app.

Thanks.

you kind of answered your questions.

Its reading: “T”

T:\

TV\

nameofshow.mp4

which is two directories back from the show

there is a folder structure requirement for TV shows:

TV\

ShowName\

Season\

filename.mp4

and if TG reads 2 directories back it will get?

Example:

TV\

Game of Thrones\

Season 1\

Game of Thrones.S01E01.Winter is Coming.avi

Game of Thrones.S01E02.The Kingsroad.avi

Season 2\

Game.of.Thrones.S02E01.HDTV.x264.mp4

Game.of.Thrones.S02E02.HDTV.x264.mp4

Person of Interest\

Season 1\

Person.of.Interest.S01E01.HDTV.XviD.avi

Person.of.Interest.S01E02.HDTV.XviD.avi

Season 2\

Person.of.Interest.S02E01.HDTV.x264.mp4

Person.of.Interest.S02E02.HDTV.x264.mp4

Cheers for the response.
This works fine for full seasons, but what about the programmes I download during the week after they’ve aired?

I like putting them all in one folder, so I don’t have to keep browsing in and out of folders to see what I’ve still got to watch.

It would be useful if there was an option to parse the filename like WDTV Hubgen does.

I have the exact same issue… no matter where i store the files… it always brings back the drive letter… not the episode name.

very annoy…

i have a folder called TOWatch… with different episode in them.  it would be nice to just default to the filename as an option rather than try to figure out the showname via the directory name 2 folders up.

I also still get the issue that if I try to do multiple files using Manual Mode, the first one will pull all the info and covers down, but the second (and any subsequent) only pull down the IMDB Id and nothing else.

I have to quit the app and open it again to do another file.

this is by design for TG and TV shows.

You have 2 options:

1. put in the folder structure i posted above

2. change the search term when it comes up to T:

the problem that comes with option 2 is you get “EnergyLab’s” issue.

The way around this is:

when browsing to folder with multiple shows, search each episode seperate. then you dont have to abort or close the program. the reason is if you search:

T:\TV\

Game of Thomes.S03E01

Person of Interest.S02E01

You change the search to Game of thrones and it tries to search both episodes as Game of Thrones. Will work for 1st episode but **bleep** out on 2nd cause it doesnt exist.

So search Games of thrones by itself, then search Person of Interest by itself. Never have to close the program.

These are the only ways i know around it. but its not a bug, its by design

i think TG is on vacations so he won’t be able to respond right now…

as Drizzt correctly said…

to generate TV Shows TG is expecting a proper folder structure otherwise episodes will have to be done individually.

Proper Folder Structure is

Dexter

|_Season 01

|_ Dexter.s01.e01.mkv

it will recognize all files within the season folders and generate them automatically

remember to put a perios (.) between season and episode info or your movie sheets won’t be displayed in the new firmware unless you are using linksheet…

The behavior will not change…so either you use a “deeper” folder structure or skip using ThumbGen :-) 

thumbgen wrote:

The behavior will not change…so either you use a “deeper” folder structure or skip using ThumbGen :-) 

such a meany… get back to your holiday… :stuck_out_tongue:

seriously… you expect us to use deep folder structure for single episodes… that takes away having a folder called TOWatch with lots of single episodes i haven’t had ttme to see yet.  putting them into there season folders i will surely forget to watch them.

maybe i should just watch less shows …lol…

:slight_smile: Life is not always easy :slight_smile:  

Thumbgen

Love your app…using at again at the moment. Couple of things that would make my life easier

1. Hard Drives - would it be possible to show the drives names, I am jumping back between explorer and TG to see what folders are on what drives, all it shows is drive/share letters and I am none the wiser ?

2. Even though you only have Tvdb selected, why does it always go to Imdb, If Imdb has issues, could we have an option to input an Id number for Tmdb/Tvdb, as you end up stuck with blank templates, but you can see the Info on Tvdb.

3. Make it easier to abort processing when you mess up, its a right pain trying to catch it when can only skip a movie or episdode.

4. I also have issues with folders, but not because the Parent folder or files are not named properly.

If I have a folder inside one called TV Series/Firefly and select the episodes, it just searches for w: as that is the drive letter ? So I change it to Firefly, but the next episode gos back to the drive letter again ?

Thanks for any feedback

wdtvhub wrote:

Thumbgen

1. I also have issues with folders, but not because the Parent folder or files are not named properly.

If I have a folder inside one called TV Series/Firefly and select the episodes, it just searches for w: as that is the drive letter ? So I change it to Firefly, but the next episode gos back to the drive letter again ?

Thanks for any feedback

That’s what was JUST discussed in the above posts.  Your folder structure is wrong.

Ah sorry was using a tablet and just looked up.

Unfortunately its by design for the Hub, for some reason to see shares sometimes I had to put them inside other folders.

Also if I have movies and tv episodes on a drive, then thats how it has to be, for sharing and organisation.

Edit - Ah…I created Season 01 for Firefly and all is well…only had 1 season obviously…but I see.