WD beta tester. Sent an envelope by UPS signed for?

So, now that the site is avaialble… what was the point of the transparancy? I’m not entirely sure I understand.

jm37216 wrote:

It’s pretty presumptuous of WD to assume that everybody has an iPad or equivalent. I guess they don’t care about customers who either can’t afford or don’t want a tablet computer.

We PC users are a dying breed that nobody—including Microsoft, and now, apparently, WD—cares about any more. You’d think a company that still depends primarily on hard drive sales would be different, but I guess not.

You can view it on the desktop as well.

Hm… price feels kind of high (in my opinion), but in time that will be sure to come down.  I’ve got a host of various WD products here, a 2TB WD Green hd, a 2TB WD Black HD, a 500GB WD Blue drive.   Maybe someday when I’m no longer on disability and back to work, I’ll get a _WD Black² _ (or 2, so I can dual boot with a different OS on each SSD).    The nice part is it takes up so little space that it effectively doubles how many hard drives I can stuff into my tower now. I’ve got SIX Sata 6Gb/s slots begging to be filled *heh*.

Been buying their products for yeaaaaars.   I just wait for a good sale and snap up a few more.  I gave up on other hardware years ago such as Maxtor products and other drives that had high rates of breakage.  Only WD kept myself (and my client base) happy all these years. :smiley: