Version 1.7.1.2- Tool to scrape TV Show Information for the WDTV Live Hub [9/17/2012]

Hi Tony

Thanks a bunch for this,  it really is amazing.

One question although I might be being dumb.  I have all Tv shows in seperate folders for seasons and shows e.g.

Root

Big Bang Theory

Season 4

Episode

Currently only when I get down to the Season folder do I get any info.  Is there anyway you can get specific info on the TV show and season folders?

Thanks

I wish there were!   It’s been suggested to WD that they allow for something like a “foldername.xml” file that works similarly to a “showname.xml” file so users can see some info about a FOLDER, not just the individual files.

We’ll have to wait to see what happens

I know this question was sort of asked before but I didnt see an answer to it.

Any chance on a Mac version of this? I searched but couldnt find anything.

Cheers Tony

nlnkng wrote:

Nope, but isn’t there software out there that lets you run PC apps on a mac?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

nlnkng wrote:

Nope, but isn’t there software out there that lets you run PC apps on a mac?

There is but it seems silly to partion off my hard drive just to get info for my tv shows. Would be more practical in my eyes to edit each individually.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Virtualbox doesn’t require you to partion a drive on Mac does it?   It doesn’t on any other computer I’ve run it on…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Virtualbox doesn’t require you to partion a drive on Mac does it?   It doesn’t on any other computer I’ve run it on…

No partitioning necessary for running VirtualBox on a Mac.  That’s how I tested out your App (created an XP VM).  Works fine for your tool and also ThumbGen, though sadly not for the game I initially set it up for. :slight_smile:

1.1.0.2 is now online!  

Release 1.1.0.2 2/9/2011

- Better error handling for broken image URLs coming from thetvdb.com database
- Better error handling / validation for illegal filenames
- Added comments to XML
- Cursor now reflects "Busy" status
- Added Help / Release Notes / and required link to the TVDB Website
- Instead of only a BASENAME, User can specify a complete file naming template.
- Minor UI Changes to support upcoming features

i really like the new option you added that allows you to decide how your filenames are named with the

(^S^s^E^e^t)

But there is ONE little thing you need to add to this option

I just went to do “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”, and i just kept getting error after error after error because the majority of the episodes have illegal characters in their names

Is there anyway you can add into the app that if a series name or title has illegal charcters which will produce an error message when you attempt to create it that it will automatically remove those illegal characters and make the XML and JPG files just without the illegal characters?

Tony,

Great job with the new version, thanks! I second the request made in the previous post of removing characters which are not allowed in filenames.  Perhaps you can just ignore them or substitute each of them with a space.

Regards,

Bart

and it also drives me nuts when that litlte box pops up that says:

“Season files are complete”

or “Episode has been saved”

Cuz then i have to stop what i’m doing to click the little okay button so i can continue doing what im doing

I would get rid of that , or at least give an option to turn it off…

Pulazki wrote:

i really like the new option you added that allows you to decide how your filenames are named with the

(^S^s^E^e^t)

But there is ONE little thing you need to add to this option

I just went to do “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”, and i just kept getting error after error after error because the majority of the episodes have illegal characters in their names

Is there anyway you can add into the app that if a series name or title has illegal charcters which will produce an error message when you attempt to create it that it will automatically remove those illegal characters and make the XML and JPG files just without the illegal characters?

That actually shouldn’t be a problem.    I’ll see what it’ll take.

First off thanks so much for the Fetcher its quite great.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option fetch the episodes in “DVD order” instead of the current 'Aired Order"?  I have a few shows that  would take advantage of that 

Chrono wrote:

First off thanks so much for the Fetcher its quite great.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option fetch the episodes in “DVD order” instead of the current 'Aired Order"?  I have a few shows that  would take advantage of that 

My experience with that on TheTV DB is that it’s very poorly supported.  Only one of my TV series has that information, and the information it has is wrong.   So I don’t think I’m going to spend any time on that part, sorry.

DelboyUK wrote:

I use:

/Series Name/Season/Series Name - SxxExx - Episode Name.avi

ie.  Bones/Season 01/Bones - S01E01 - Pilot.avi

With over 1500 TV Episodes already named/filed in this format, support for user formats would be great.

Thanks for the continued development of this great tool. 

I use the exact same format.  Would also appreciate support for it.

Best regards,

marcelo

The very latest version allows us to now use this (and almost any other) format.

Many thanks.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

My experience with that on TheTV DB is that it’s very poorly supported.  Only one of my TV series has that information, and the information it has is wrong.   So I don’t think I’m going to spend any time on that part, sorry.

Thanks for the info, now that the template allows the title in the XML its alot easier to adjust the differences between DVD and aired 

thanks for the killer app

Pulazki wrote:

…I just went to do “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”, and i just kept getting error after error after error because the majority of the episodes have illegal characters in their names

I can’t reproduce this.   I just did a whole series save for that (Series ID 75805) and didn’t get any errors.

Exactly what options are you using?   What kind of file-system is it trying to save to?  (Windows?)

Is this happening on EVERY episode or just SOME?  

Walk me through the steps so I can find it, since there’s no illegal characters in the series name that I know of…

I am trying to save it on windows 7, the reason it was giving me errors was because one of the seasons (can’t remember exactly which one, but i’ll look into it …) had alot of episodes named as such… S04E03 - Paddy’s Pub : Worst Bar In America or S05E06 - Bums : Making a mess all over the city or like S03E01 Who pooped the bed? (Please Note: I just made those season and episode numbers up for sake of time, what im trying to explain is that some of the episode titles have colons and question marks in them which are producing the errors)