Version 1.7.1.2- Tool to scrape TV Show Information for the WDTV Live Hub [9/17/2012]

You’re kicking butt mate.  It’s much appreciated!

thanks thanks :slight_smile:

is it possible to access to the synopsis area to change the text in a future version?

patatozor wrote:

thanks thanks :slight_smile:

is it possible to access to the synopsis area to change the text in a future version?

The synopsis area for the SERIES isn’t used anyway, it’s only there for reference.   The synopsis area for the EPISODE is changeable now.

Any chances of making one for Movies

Hi Tony,

Loving the new tool, but i have found with the new feature as noted below some episodes have no backdrops.

I tried Hawaii Five-0 2010 and it only came up with a couple of backdrops on some episodes, others had none.  I noticed the whole season just has 5 off fanart so is this the problem?

Now the ORDER of BACKDROP presentation varies with the episode number. That way, as you scroll through the 
     episodes on the Hub, the different episodes' backdrops will initialize with a different backdrop.
     Example: Episode 1 will show backdrops 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 in that order.
                Episode 5 will show backdrops 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 .. 20, then 1, 2, 3.. and so on.

whyte46 wrote:

Hi Tony,

Loving the new tool, but i have found with the new feature as noted below some episodes have no backdrops.

I tried Hawaii Five-0 2010 and it only came up with a couple of backdrops on some episodes, others had none.  I noticed the whole season just has 5 off fanart so is this the problem?

Now the ORDER of BACKDROP presentation varies with the episode number. That way, as you scroll through the
episodes on the Hub, the different episodes’ backdrops will initialize with a different backdrop.
Example: Episode 1 will show backdrops 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 … 20 in that order.
Episode 5 will show backdrops 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 … 20, then 1, 2, 3… and so on.

I just noticed the same issue too

Hawaii Five-O (2010) only has THREE English Fan-Art files.   The other two are marked as GERMAN, so they’re ignored (even though they don’t have any german text in them, that’s how the user who uploaded them marked them for some reason…)

But, indeed, why some episodes had different quantities of backdrops:   That was a dumb math error on my part.  Sorry… :slight_smile:    That’s fixed now and will be in the next release.

Right now I’m working on a serious bug:   There’s NO WAY to STOP this thing once it’s started.  :smileyvery-happy:  One has to go to the TASK MANAGER and try to kill it from there.  I had never even noticed this until I tried to kill the thing yesterday when I tested a series that had over 1000 entries in it!  :dizzy_face:

I don’t think that’s very nice, so I’m trying to figure out how to put a progress window up with a STOP button.   That’s turning out to be more complicated than one might think!    Luckily, this is a weekend.  

oups…

it’s true

too shy to verify by myself :slight_smile:

Okee dokee.   Version 1.0.3.2 is now up.

Release 1.0.3.2 1/30/2011
  -- User can now STOP a Save in Progress. You might have to click the button a few times before windows notices!
  -- Progress Bar now indicates the save status.
  -- Corrected a bug where the Backdrops would get dropped or be reduced in number for certain episodes.

Screen Shot from this version:

Ooops…  Big regression in the last version…

1.0.3.3 had to be uploaded to fix a pretty nasty bug…

Release 1.0.3.3 1/30/2011
  -- Fixed a bug that crashed the program when saving a series from a start point other than the first episode.

Sorry… :frowning:

No worries mate.  Trial and error.  Don’t let it discourage you…This app is still awesome.  It’s nice enough you’re sharing your progress with us.

Found another slip-through error i dont think u noticed

the part that says

‘Prepend Overview text with Episode Title’

when you ‘mouseover’ it, it gives u the same little info box that you get when you ‘mouse-over’ the Use SEASON ART as Cover Art instead of Episode Art

What exactly does Prepend overview text with episode title do/mean ?

Fixed that…   That was a cut and paste and I just didn’t update the tooltip.  :)

Check out the DOCUMENTATION.RTF file (included in the ZIP).   It says:

Prepend Overview Text with Episode Title

Due, most likely, to a bug in the Hub, the TITLE generated in the XML is IGNORED and will not be displayed in the Gallery View. This can make finding a title difficult. If you ENABLE this option, then the episode's title will be included in the OVERVIEW TEXT visible in the Hub's Gallery View. This is ENABLED by default.

Found another bug, i dont even know if it’s fixable… probably not unless u really put a crapload of work into it, and for this little issue its probably not even worth it, but i figured i’d tell u anyway

I just downloaded the 2010 WSOP (World Series of Poker)

and the seasons aren’t done in numerical values, they’re down by the year, such as 2006 WSOP 2007 WSOP etc etc

so when i tried to bring it up it gave me that error someone listed earlier about the entry being out of bounds or whatever

just figured id tell ya =D great work on the app and the updates, i love it

Yeah, I think they’re kinda cheating the database on the WSOP…  

The air dates are already included, so I don’t see why it’d be necessary to make the SEASON ID the same as a year…  

And you’re right;  I don’t think I’m gonna fix that.  :smileyvery-happy:

I’ve come across a rather annoying bug on the WDTV.  

Have any of ya’ll tripped on it yet?

I’ll be playing a DVD (From ISO) and the hub will just hang.   I can jump back out to the menu, but nothing else will play until I reset the hub, or the hub might actually reboot itself.

I’ve narrowed this down to background Backdrop processing on the hub.

Even though the movie is playing, it appears the Hub is still downloading backdrops, and at some point, everything just stops.

If I remove the backdrop tags from the XML, no problems will happen…  

Strange, is this for all of the backdrops or just for ISO files?

have you narrowed it down to less than just ‘backdrops’?

should i go back and redo all of my xmls without backdrops or are the rest of ur backdrops besides that one okay?

the application does add a rather lot of backdrops to the xml’s … some of my xmls have 15-20 backdrop links-- thinkin 3 or 4 would be sufficient, by the time 3 or 4 are viewed you would have already started the movie lol

This is a great tool and definetly saves everyone some time!!

I think I might have found a bug with the “file will be saved as” box.  I tried to add a space after the file name and the resulting xml file didnt have a space in the file name.  

Also, it would be nice if there could be a toggle button that would keep the naming convention for season or series saving rather than only for one episode. 

I am using mediasquirt (or mediasquid, cant remember the name of the program) to rename all my tv shows according to this convention: Sons of Anarchy 1x01 Pilot.avi  and I cant seem to get the output from Tony’s program to match the file names that I generated.  I cant find any drop down list that will include the episode name in the xml file.  I suppose I could alter how I name the file with the re-naming program but until WD fixes the xml title bug I’'d like to keep the episode name in the file title.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should be naming my tv shows to make them more compatible with Tony’s program?

Thanks,!

G

Pulazki wrote:

Strange, is this for all of the backdrops or just for ISO files?

have you narrowed it down to less than just ‘backdrops’?

should i go back and redo all of my xmls without backdrops or are the rest of ur backdrops besides that one okay?

I’ve narrowed it down specifically to backdrops sourced by THETVDB.COM, and a combination of how the HUB operates.

For one thing, the HUB has to be in GALLERY mode for this problem to happen; ANY OTHER VIEW will not cause a problem.    It DOES seem to be only ISOs, but I can’t verify that because I don’t have that many media types to test against.   It did NOT happen on an MKV file I tested last night.

Here’s what I did:

I replaced one of these XMLs with an XML that was generated by the Hub for Wall-E, which has a LOT of Backdrops (20 of them) and the problem never happened.

I then took only the BACKDROPS section of the Wall-E XML and put THAT inside my original XML, and the problem never happened.

I think I know, at least, part of the cause, and it’s not good news for us TVDB users.

Take a look at this picture:

http://cf1.themoviedb.org/backdrops/7f7/4bc92fcc017a3c57fe0137f7/wall-e-original.jpg

Beautiful, ain’t it?

Now take a look at THIS picture, which is what the HUB uses as a backdrop:

http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/backdrops/7f7/4bc92fcc017a3c57fe0137f7/wall-e-poster.jpg

Same picture, right?   Well, it might appear to be depending on how your browser is configured, but there’s (literally) a HUGE difference.

The backgrounds that the TMDB database API is providing to the Hub’ are only 780 x 439 resolution!   That’s less than HALF the original linear resolution, and the filesize is substantially smaller, too:   100K versus 700K for the original.

So, I took Wall-E’s XML and replaced the POSTER part of the name with ORIGINAL…   Boom.   Problem came back.

So, it appears to be a bug in the Hub Code being able to digest full-resolution JPGs while the videos are playing.   I’ll open a Bug report with WD and see if they are aware of this;  I’ll also research deeper into the TVDB API to see if they have alternate download paths…

Sorry Folks…

I don’t see a need to change the tool right now, but for those of you who get bitten by this bug, I would recommend you just REMOVE the Backdrop tags from your XML documents until this is sorted, **OR**, just change views AWAY from the Gallery View BEFORE you start playback.