Version 1.3.0.16 not updating / installing

I have this problem too. Have anbody a solution for this problem?

MyOS: Windows Vista ServicePack 2

i reinstalled windows because 1.3 took the liberty of breaking EVERY installation of smartware. installed 1.2, it worked fine.

any attempt to use 1.3 and im met with a smartware.exe error everytime i launch it. i meet all requirements, this is a golden ticket saying its **bleep**ing broken

Same problem. Ran the firmware updater on two My book Elite 1TB disks. Fine. Ran the Smartware updater and the app disappeared! My PC is running Windows 7 Home premium x64 spanish version.

Hope WD will soon provide an update to fix this problem so I can a) use Smartware again and b) get rid of these virtual CD drives that add nothing to my sistem.

Best regards.

Amando.

This is not OS problem, this is only software problem.

I tried to install it on XP Pro, XP Home and Win7 Pro 64-bit and still the same prolem

This problem during installation is with service WD File Management Shadow Engine.

Service WD File Management Engine is OK, but Shadow Engine couldn’t start.

We must to wait for update… :confused:

Same thing while trying to update from 1.2.0.8 to 1.3.0.16. Windows XPSP3 with all available MS updates, German version. Tried it several times before finding this forum…

Haasn

The issue has been solved in WD SmartWare 1.4.1.1 r elease published yesterday :smiley:

1 Like

WoW!!! That was fast!

Only 4 months to solve a critical issue. New record!

1 Like

Since we’ve released the new SmartWare version 1.4.1.1, I will close this thread out.

1 Like