v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

NoSlack913 wrote:

this is fixed in the newest release v2.2… thanks for pointing it out.  

Thanks for the update !

It works fine now with the runtime, and i noticed that bugs have disappeared to show the cover for the movie, good point !

I wondered if it is possible to load higher resolutions for posters  ?

Actually we have:

154x205

154x231

etc…

I would like to have better resolution example: 200x300 or 240x360

When i use the theme AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN_VERT.zip (15 Thumbnails Vertical Poster)

Aspect Ratio for cover in the left corner is cropped, i don’t see the full thumb and the quality is bad…

Thanks

cyberom wrote:

Actually we have:

154x205

154x231

etc…

When i use the theme AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN_VERT.zip (15 Thumbnails Vertical Poster)

Aspect Ratio for cover in the left corner is cropped, i don’t see the full thumb and the quality is bad…

Thanks

Believe it or not, the thumb sizes for movies are now a part of the api and only certain sizes are available, i could put an option in to grab higher resolution and then resize, but not sure what that would look like, let me explore the options and I’ll let you know.

on the cropping problem, i just mimic the sizes used by the base WD box, if the themes change that, I can’t know that. perhaps the first solution (above) could fix both problems.

NoSlack913 wrote:

cyberom wrote:

Actually we have:

154x205

154x231

etc…

Thanks

Believe it or not, the thumb sizes for movies are now a part of the api and only certain sizes are available, i could put an option in to grab higher resolution and then resize, but not sure what that would look like, let me explore the options and I’ll let you know.

on the cropping problem, i just mimic the sizes used by the base WD box, if the themes change that, I can’t know that. perhaps the first solution (above) could fix both problems.

Hi,

Ok thanks for your time, the choice to have a higher resolution would be awesome  ! :smileyvery-happy:

Your application is very helpful, fast (better than Thumbgen that i used before) and i like the fact

that movie is renamed with the real title, excellent work  NoSlack913 !

try it is to adopt it !

I wish you in advance a happy new year for you and your family

cyberom wrote:

NoSlack913 wrote:

cyberom wrote:

Actually we have:

154x205

154x231

etc…

Thanks

Hi,

Ok thanks for your time, the choice to have a higher resolution would be awesome  ! :smileyvery-happy:

Your application is very helpful, fast (better than Thumbgen that i used before) and i like the fact

that movie is renamed with the real title, excellent work  NoSlack913 !

try it is to adopt it !

I wish you in advance a happy new year for you and your family

I didnt’ add it this release(2.3), i was in a hurry to replace the clickonce release… coming next time if I can figure it out.

New release v2.3, see the first post for updated description.

Having some issues. Since 2.2 I’m not getting all the info to show up.

Here is the latest 2.3 (V. 2.2 had this same issue)

Options are both the same for each version so not sure why the info isnt showing up.

Here is V 2.1.1

yes, I’am having the same result as wdtv619, it occured during the 2.2 update and only when scraping tv series.  No such problemm for movies.  I’m rolling back to 2.1.1 for my tv series scrape.

Jla888 wrote:

yes, I’am having the same result as wdtv619, it occured during the 2.2 update and only when scraping tv series.  No such problemm for movies.  I’m rolling back to 2.1.1 for my tv series scrape.

This has been address and fixed in 2.3.0.1.

Appreciate the fast update. I love this program.

Is it possible to allow optional formatting ? Not sure if this is possible through settings that a user can change.

It seems the SMP will not read the Actor formatting. HUB reads both formats fine but the SMP will only read the way I posted before.

HUB will read

real name
    TV name

AND

actor1 real name/actor2 real name/actor3 real name

SMP will ONLY read

actor1 real name/actor2 real name/actor3 real name

I have a HUB in living room and SMP in bedroom and while not that big a deal, it’s an OCD thing on my part LOL

I like your program, but I can’t get it to write a TV .xml file. It’s leaving out the series and episode information. Am I missing something?

i get error messages from dotNET 4.5 upon starting up your WDTVHubGen v2.3.1.1 - if i press continue, then the options page is EMPTY.

Anyone know what is going on? It all worked well on previous version 2.1

ok, I seem to hve fixed the problem…  I deleted the OLD copy of WDTVHubGen… including my personal preferences and RE-COPIEd New version files into SAME Directory.

All is working now.

BTw… if anyone is looking for more up-to-Date  responses from Support of the users of this software, the entire Support forum seems to have been moved to a NEW LOCATION:

https://wdtvhubgen.codeplex.com/

Hi,

Any update for higher resolution for posters, eventually ? Thanks in advance