Update twonkyserver

Hello jumper1,

Thank you for your help. Now I have my WD Dashboard back. Twonky says it is in version 5 and does not recognise the media on my WBL. I guess I will not mess with the WBL any more :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

EDIT: Running a database rebuild fixed that problem to. I have my dashboard AND I can view my media. /me is happy. Thanks again! Also updated to v.6.0.37 and runs smoothly.

Welcome :slight_smile:

I just update my book LIve based on your last instructions.All ok,the server started but no file shown.On server status there are three zeros.No videos,no tracks,no photos.

I can access my files from windows and they are all here.Could you tell me something to do?

Thanks in advance

Kostas from Greece

I just did it again and everything itā€™s ok.

thanks again.

Great! Glad it worked :slight_smile:

Hi ! I am new here. I have noticed that many users has the same challenge viewing MKV files trough SAMSUNG TV.

I have a MyBookLive connected to a SAMSUNG 40D5500 TV.

I have already updated to 6.0.37 but unfortunately the TV does not stream the video yet (i have copied the files to an USB drive and plugged directly to TV and worked property).

Anyone has any idea why it does not work yet with SAMSUNG TV ?
As far as I understoof upgrading should have worked fine.

Thanks

Danny

rcp1981 wrote:

How do you get subtitles to show for MKVs of foreign movies?  I see the subtitles on my computer but when I transfer it to the MBL and play it on my samsung led thereā€™s no subtitles.  It works when I convert MKV to MPEG but thatā€™s a hassle.

This works for my Samsung TV:

Put a seperate subtitle file in the same map as the movie, and with the same filename (except for the file extension).

Example:

StarWars.Episode3.BluRay.1080p.DTSES6.1.x264.mkv

StarWars.Episode3.BluRay.1080p.DTSES6.1.x264.srt

If you donā€™t have a seperate subtitle file, extract it from the movie with the free software MKVExtractGUI-2. Or find and download the appropriate subtitle from a website that provides it.

I could execute all instructions here, and Twonky was updated to 6.0.37. But Iā€™m still having problems with MKV files. I have a Samsung TV UN46D6500, and whenever I try to run MKV files shows up on screen the message: ā€œThe data type is not supportedā€. So as I can run the ā€œsameā€ files from Serviio (DLNA Media Streaming Server) without problems, I really believe itā€™s not Samsung TV. Anyone could help me?

Itā€™s been solved! Thanks for the instructions!

Dannyboy,

Iā€™d had this same problem! You must set ā€œSAMSUNG TVā€ on config twonky (http://yourip:9000/config) for media receiver. The problem is that for each media receiver the access to the server can be restricted, and the Twonky canā€™t detect Samsung TV automatically.

Greetings,

Glleddson from Brazil.

Twonky 6 works but I had to change from ā€œgeneric media playerā€ to sony bravia in order for it to display theĀ .mkv files on my sony network media player n100 (went through and tried all sony stuff till I found one that displayed the mkv and mp4 files).Ā Ā  My opinion, twonky is junk.

Look here

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10047&p=38343&hilit=sony#p38343

There is a problem with twonky 6.0.x and sony.

I ā€œloveā€ them both.

Is there any alternative for twonky on wd mybook live?

I 've tried mediatomb but it doesnt start automatically (as daemon), and there are problems with *.mkv streaming

Dear Ā WD Community

My name is Alexandros and I bought Ā 1 week ago the 3TB WD my book live . My DLNA device is a Samsung HT-D6750W home cinema where DLNA is supported and as everybody i thought that the problem is located at twonky. I did yesterday the update by following the crystal clear instructions of jumper1. At Ā //192.168.0.xxx/UI the twonky name changed from 5 ed to 6.0.37 also at 192.168.0.x:9000/config my device is recognised Ā but the problem with MKV continues to exist. When I select Ā from my MBL an MKV fileĀ  It say <>> but when I see the content through USB everything plays ok, i can see all the types of MKV.Ā 

PLease help me . What on earth i did wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Alexandros KardamakisĀ 

Dear Jumper1

I follow yesterday your instruction for updating twonky from 5 ed to 6.0.37. At myrip/UI at twonky section writes that i am using 6.0.37 and at the 192.168.0x:9000/config my device is recognied (as generic media player). i can see the MKV files at my MBL at my device explorer but i push to play it sais <>>. My nas is a 3TB MBL and the player is a samsung home theater HT-D6750w. Through USB my device plays everything (all MKV) Ā so there is no problem.

Please can you tell me what it could be wrong?Ā 

In the config is your device detected as a Samsung device or something else? Try the different samsung configuration available there, one should work for you. Hope this works.

Dear jumper1

when isaw the config it was saying generic media device. i changed to samsung tv but still nothing. now i am doiing full factory restore in order to have again twonky 5ed and tryy again your steps.Ā 

Hi Jumper 1

Finally i fix it . When I made the changes from generic media device to samsung tv i forgot to save changes . I hope i will not face any problem after factory restore. Also the subtitles are playing smoothly. Thanks for your help.

Alexandros KardamakisĀ 

If you factory restore your Twonky will revert back to version 5. Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Hi Tony,

Iā€™m the kind of guy who will be happy to wait for an approved update to firmware or softwareā€¦ purely owing to my lack of technical ability with regards ā€˜hackingā€™ or carrying out any modifications which will affect my warranty.

Iā€™ve had my WD MyBook Live for less than a year - Iā€™ve bought a Samsung Smart TV too with the intention of hooking them up and using them as they were designed to doā€¦ the issue is that the version of Twonky WD ship out is not suitable for some of the file formats.

For that reason, Iā€™ve contacted WD Support and had a really pointless response back answering none of my points.

The comment youā€™ve made above suggest a release in the next quarterā€¦ that was in January 2011ā€¦ itā€™s December 2011 now and so farā€¦ no Twonky update.

Can you please advise me what the latest is on this and help me with this.

Thanks,

Colin.

Just want to echo mistachestaā€™s comments.

Iā€™ve had continuing problems with the drive in general including Twonky functionality.Ā