Update twonkyserver

i have a new my livebook 3 tb. it is great. i had a logitech lms server running on port 9000. now i want to update the twonky server to 6.0.39. my problem is why can i change the port of the twonky 6.0.39 to port 8000? because the logitech server must run under port 9000.

thank for help and excuse me that my english is very poor…

is the path to the new twonkymedia-server.ini the same to Version 5.0.19? 

work the Logitech LSM Server 7.7.1 and the Twonky 6.0.39 at the same time?

Version 5.0.19 and LSM Server 7.7.1 i had run with no problem.

thanks for your help!

now i had update the twonky to 6.0.39. perfect. the port is 8000. it is no problem with the lsm server. great!

both run´s at the same time.

:slight_smile: good that it worked out

New Twonky version 7.0.5 NAS is released.

You can download  it here:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/7.0.5-Special/

I think new interesting functions!

My first try will not work.

I changed back to 6.0.39 without any problem.

Hope anyone got a solution for all   :cry:

Thank you for posting this. I will have a look when I have time.

Twonky 7.05 special work fine with my WD MBL 3TB and newest WD firmware

You need to change or rename the startfile.

Old: twonkymedia

New: twonkystarter

i’m not familiar with linux code.  can you copy the code you used?  thanks.

So I just go to 7.0.5 I have to http:// <your_ip>: 9000/config) settings to make in my book is no longer live the settings for twonkyserver available! But everything goes in my watch television and even PCs.
sorry my Englich is measured:stuck_out_tongue:

just type http:// <your_ip>: 9000 (without /config) and you are in the new Twonky Settings

For the ones who have an Philips TV 6606K (Model 2011, like me) and FF and Rewind is not working: I had to edit the resources\devicedb\Philips\Philips Renderer TV.xml. Just change the line DLNANO to DLNA15 (you can use pico when connected with putty). e.g:

pico “Philips Renderer TV.xml”

For those who are wondering whether to update or not, I just updated mine to 6.0.39 and can now play all the file types, including mkv-files on my Samsung TV (did not play with Twonky 5). I can also rewind and fast forward all the file types which previously was not possible.

Also the Twonky licences are currently 50% off, costing just USD10. Absolutely worth it.

in response to 00170:

You need to change or rename the startfile.

Old: twonkymedia

New: twonkystarter

use the following command within the putty client while in the /usr/local/ twonkymedia-5 directory (assuming you’re using jumper1’s code found on page 23 of this thread):

cp twonkystarter twonkymedia

also, in response to TheEdge, are you really able to ff and rw all files?  many of them i can only pause, but no ff or rw.  i was hoping twonky7 would fix this, but no dice.  does anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

Really new about this and linux. 

Just bought the MBL and, as expected, cant stream MKV, Twonky is v 5.xxx

I already downloaded the latest version.

Now, please bear with me as I have some (basic) questions:

According to this post, there are the steps to upgrade to Twonky 6 o 7:

1. Download TwonkyMedia Server 6.0.32  - DONE
  2. Copy the downloaded package in the root folder - How do I find the root folder?
  3. Extract the download file into the root folder.
  4. Create the following folder: / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32 For Twony 7, does this apply?
  5. Copy the following files and directories in / root / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32:
  • Linux-howto.txt
  • Radio.m3u
  • Resources /
  • TwonkyMedia
  • Twonkymedia.sh
  • RevisionHistory
  • Cgi-bin /
  • Plugins /
  • Twonkymediaserver
  1. Copy the following files / a usr/local/twonkymedia-5 / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32:
  • Bg_trans
  • Start_bgtrans.sh
  • TwonkyMedia-server-default.ini
  • TwonkyMedia-server-default.ini.orig
  1. Copy the file / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh to / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh.orig to create a backup
  2. VERY IMPORTANT STEP Edit the file / usr / local / sbin / share-param.sh and establish twonky_dir = / usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.32  -   how do I do this
  3. Restart the twonky server

HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I would suggest using the instructions on the page 23 by jumper1. You can’t go wrong with those steps.

Never mind!

Used Cyberduck, all is working perfect now!

Many thanks to all who posted the instructions.

Last question, as the version 6.xx.32 is no longer at Twonky, will the serial for V7 work?

Thanks!

For Twonky 6 you’ll need to purchase the “TwonkyServer License (v4.4.18 thru v5)”. I did this just couple of days ago.

Thx!

Im just waiting for Twonky to “validate” my purchase… whatever that means!

Regards…

Finally Twonky updated to 7 and working (thanks to bcooper)… almost. I can select and play all the videocontent but the screen stays black and no sound. Seems that all type of video formats are seen as MPEG2. Only a few files shows up like MPEG4 and are able to play. Tried a lot setting in Twonky on ipadres:9000 with no success. Twonky5 gives the best result till now, I was able the see a view videos at least but no pictures. In Twonky7 viewing pictures is ok. Twonky6 didn’t work out for me.

Any ideas? or wait till Twonky8…

After may other Problems I tried to follow the guide

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/update-twonkyserver/m-p/157170/highlight/true#M1263

only with 7.0.5 because I have already a lisence for that.

And tried it also with version 6.0.32

I have a problem with 9. Restart the TwonkyMedia Server: /etc/init.d/twonky restart

MyBookLive:~# /etc/init.d/twonky restart
PID file /var/run/mediaserver.pid not found, stopping server anyway…
twonkymedia: no process killed

How I can restart twonky. This is the real problem I have since beginning to try update Twonky

try “reboot”