TW Genre Folder Icons (Updated 10-30-12)

TW, thanks for the icons. Kudos!!

In your topic I saw a MOVIES icon but I don´t found it in the dowloaded icons…

Forget it… Icon found…

these icons are great and i use them in my movies section, i sort my tv shows by station and was wondering if you could make some icons for stations (abc, nbc etc.)

thanks

Yeah, I’ll put it on my “to-do list”. 

I can’t make thumbs for all channels (just don’t have that kind of time), but I’ll try to get some of the major ones done.

Tinwarble thanks for the jpgs. Alot of work obviously went into it. I don’t suppose you have any guide on using Gimp to make the worrding go at an angle.

E.G. I open up Genere.xcf. It starts off with Film Noir layer for the wording. If i select to make a new layer (or even to copy the layer to make my own) and then do something that is outside of your list of layers you have in there then it changes the font to a blocky font and it straightens it out so its no longer at an angle. I am able to change the font within the text tool but then I don’t see any option anywhere on how to rotate the writing at all.

Sorry not trying ot turn this into aa gimp tutorial thread as much as the fact I don’t need to time up your time making the jpgs if I can take a few minutes to learn the process you used. You know kind of like feed a man a fish you feed him for the day teach him to fish and then you feed him for a lifetime kind of thing.

Basically your generic ones will work for some of what i have planned but others will need a tweaked name and OL to get the look I am going for. I am assuming with the OL layers you just took a picture and added quite a bit of transparency to it as I have not yet looked closely at the OLs yet.

Again thank you for your hard work in these.

All you have to do is select the text tool, create a text box (no need for new layer), then type in your text.

Then use the rotation tool to rotate the text.  Both of these are in the “Toolbox” widow.

For the OL, just paste what ever pic you want then scale it to the size you need, then if you have the “Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo, etc.” window, make sure you have the “Layers” tab selected, then in the “Mode” drop down box select “Overlay”.  Then use the “Opacity” slider to adjust the transparency to what you like.

If you don’t have that widow open, then in the main window, select the “Windows” tab, then select “Dockable Dialogs/Layers”.

Thats where I had my issue. I didn’t realize that rotation would be its own tool I figured it would be an item within the Text tool. Thanks again.

Bump for update (10-30-12)