Still getting "Last content source has been removed"

I’ve been trying to figure this one out for a while myself. In my case I can “fix” it by going to Network Settings and either Connect to a Previous Network or go to the Workgroup page and simply resubmit the same workgroup name. No configuration changes are made. This “solution” works 100% of the time for me. 

Note: The connection works fine otherwise in that I can access the Internet.

It has gotten to the point that if I want to hit my Windows 7 box to serve up some videos, I just do one of the above beforeharnd because invariably if any significant amount of time has gone by (a few hours), it won’t find the share/server. 

I’ve had some luck powering down the SMP when I’m finished with it by holding down the remote power button for 5 or more seconds (there’s no feedback that it’s powering down completely, you just have to have faith).

While it takes a while for this… thing… to power back up, I have had no problems with network shares disappearing since I started doing it.

This device continues to use an obscene amount of power when put into standby (briefly pressing the power button).  The processor inside is almost as hot as when it’s playing a high-bandwidth program.  I suspect its little processor is busy calculating new ways to infuriate and disappoint its owner.

I’m currently running the latest fw 1.10.13

Although I have never had an issue with the heat generated by this device while in operation I have never been happy about the amount of heat generated while in standby. WD really should take note of what people are saying here.

The short press power off & long press are absolutely the wrong way round.

My wife hates it, my kids do not have the patience to hold the button for 5 seconds. These guys that design this stuff obviously don’t have families.

WD take note, short press deep standby (turns off wifi, NIC etc). Long press high power standby. It would not be hard for you to recode this in your firmware or at least give us the option in settings.

We always turn the unit off at the wall outlet every night.

I have also discovered that doing this while in operational mode (white light on) gives me a reasonably fast boot up and only about 2mins of compiling media library. The whole boot / compile process takes no more than about 5mins.

I think I might be a bit lucky here now as I used to have lots of issues with the compiling media library when I first got the SMP but it does seem to have settled down nicely now.

Regards

slip

My apologies, miss-posted