Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

How did you install it without the user manual to start with? You need to install the bundle in Thumbgen, install the fonts etc. Would be tough to do without the Manual that come with the theme to instuct you. Luckily at ritaben noted, DeVicious wrote a full install guide / maual  that explains all the information that you need to get up and running, and how to make the linksheets. Whrn you unzipped the theme, the manual should be in the route of the themes folder.

Good Luck, it’s a really nice theme.

-P

I have read the manual before install three times over. The only thing I haven’t done is the sub structure for the movies. I followed everything to “t”. It is probably something simple I am not seeing. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS

put linksheets for folders in the theme folder. Put linksheets for movies in the theme folder. Put cover art with the movie file. Do not put each movie in its own folder. 

Then go back and read this entire thread if the manual doesnt get you straight. Your question has been asked a bijillion times. Well maybe not that many but at least once ;) 

Hi, greetings all. i am trying to put the simplicity theme on my wd live SMP. but i have problems. HELP!

I downloaded the Zip file onto Pc and read the pdf user manual for this theme, but when i go into the (User interfaced theme) option within the SMP i cannot discover the file.

Home network connection is up and running and discovers all stored media. and will play from my hub.

I would really appreciate more instruction on how to do this:

User Manual Instruction

Locate the theme file on your hard drive with the name „implicty Theme by DeVicious.zip“

upload the zip file on your SMP device using the Web UI

Please could you provide more detailed information of the two above instruction lines.

Much Appreciated. WDnig

WDNig wrote:

Hi, greetings all. i am trying to put the simplicity theme on my wd live SMP. but i have problems. HELP!

I downloaded the Zip file onto Pc and read the pdf user manual for this theme, but when i go into the (User interfaced theme) option within the SMP i cannot discover the file.

Home network connection is up and running and discovers all stored media. and will play from my hub.

I would really appreciate more instruction on how to do this:

User Manual Instruction

Locate the theme file on your hard drive with the name „implicty Theme by DeVicious.zip“

upload the zip file on your SMP device using the Web UI

Please could you provide more detailed information of the two above instruction lines.

Much Appreciated. WDnig

Once you have the file downloaded (! Simplicity Theme Pack for SMP.zip) unzip it to a folder on your PC. There should be a folder , amongst other things, titled “Simplicity Theme by DeVicious.zip”. This is the file you want to upload to your device.

The MANUAL (Click on the word MANUAL to the left of these parens) for the WDTV Live SMP will explain how to upload the .zip file. Consult page 43 “Launching The Web UI” and Page 45 “Appearance” for more info.

Many thanks for the response.

Right, by following your instruction i have managed to launch The Web UI and get into the theme section.

It asked for a file location and i directed it to “Simplicity Theme by DeVicious.Zip” and you just get a message in the web Ui saying, “Please Wait”, At one point i waited for more than 60 mins with nothing happening, just this message, "please Wait.

The SMP is set to the Pc through the network so i just don’t know what to do next.

Puzzling still over it to no avail.

Please advise any ideas?.

Many Thanks WDnig.

WDNig wrote:

Many thanks for the response.

Right, by following your instruction i have managed to launch The Web UI and get into the theme section.

It asked for a file location and i directed it to “Simplicity Theme by DeVicious.Zip” and you just get a message in the web Ui saying, “Please Wait”, At one point i waited for more than 60 mins with nothing happening, just this message, "please Wait.

The SMP is set to the Pc through the network so i just don’t know what to do next.

Puzzling still over it to no avail.

Please advise any ideas?.

Many Thanks WDnig.

Are you using windows Internet Explorer ? If so try using a different program i.e Chrome or Firefox, there have been problems with IE previously.

Cheers

Its all working Now. Much appreciated.:smileyvery-happy:

The problem was Internet explorer. I downloaded Google Chrome and it worked through crome.

Just a re-cap on what i did to get this right for anyone else.

I ran this through Google Chrome then it (worked)

Internet explorer didn’t work it just hung there saying “please wait”. avoid IE

Went into the  heading Network on my PC and selected the wdtv live symbol with the green play button. Selecting this opens the Web UI.

The UI page asks for:

LOGIN:

Password --------enter “admin” (default) password

then select your language.

tick accept user agreement and your in:

You then get the Web Ui menu options.

Select Appearance and you then get the User interface theme box appear

Browse your computer drive and select where the file  “Simplicity Theme by DeVicious.Zip” is

Click “submit” and the theme transfers to the SMP.

A HAPPY BUNNY ONE IS.

Many thanks for the assist ritaben,  WDnig.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for this great theme,is it possible to change runtime format to hours and minutes, it would be

more convenient for movies (at least for me) ?

:wink:

Or it can be made only with Thumbgen Designer ?

Edited: just add: %DURATIONTEXT% in TD, works fine

Just a few shame that fanart1 left (in TD) doesn’t have the same ratio than the original one in Thumbgen

(1280 x 720). 

Fanart 358x636 (after a test with mspaint) is equal, but not original 358x702 (image is little extended).

Anyway, i like this theme, nice background and effects :wink:

Gendji wrote:

Nightless87 wrote:

Hi DeVicous, 

Your sheets are perfect. But i’ve 2 requests.

1 How about genres? Do you already have some genres (covers and sheets) that we can use or do we have to create them manually in the thumbgen designer?

Grtz,
Nightless

I use an “edited” Movie Cover template in order to make folder images that match the theme. Renamed it so it doesn’t interfer with the other sheets. A few examples:

Most of my movies (Music and Photos also) are not categorized by genre but catalog number, which i keep in a programm called DVD Profiler. A lot of movies have several genres so instead of deciding where a movies should go, if using genre folders, i simply use cat. numbers.

For me it’s easier to find something that way instead of searching all over the place trying to remember “did i put it under Comedy or Family?” :smiley:.

A few examples:

P.S. The 1000 and 2000 might be a bit confusing but it’s because i used D.J. Cases which held all physical DVD’s before i started using the SMP and switched to MKV etc., anyway doesn’t matter :smiley:

Hi,

i wondered please if you could post your edited template for covers, i have a problem to put correctly the title …

Thanks in advance, it would be very helpful :smiley:

Hi,

i wondered please if you could post your edited template for covers, i have a problem to put correctly the title …

Thanks in advance, it would be very helpful :smiley:

There you go Cover Directories.

1 Like

Here’s a link to a thread with lots of genre covers and Linkhseets for them.

Movie Genre Thumbs, plus link to others

Good Luck

-P

1 Like

Hi,

Kudos for you, finally I managed to fix the position for the font by myself, but i will

adapte your template because size for font is higher (you removed all actions in TD for “Show Title”,

and it was my problem at the start for the position :wink:)

Yes i know the topic for genre covers and i will post certainly mine:

western.jpg

Thanks and your welcome :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.

I guess some items missed. 

Thema ok. Poster ok. But ı can’t see moviesheet.

My tv picture is here. And files picture here. 

Moviesheet file where it should.

Please somebody help me. :slight_smile:

@macrow, you NEED TO READ  DeVicious’ guide on how to make linksheets and follow the directions exactly. She did a great job writing the guide, and if you follow her steps you will get it to work.

The extremely brief overview is.

1. Make linksheet in Thumbgen

2. Rename linksheet to exact name of the video inlcuding the file extension

3. Move linsheet to the root of the Simplicty theme on your HUB.

When you downloaded the theme, it came with a file called “Simplicity User Manual 1.0.pdf” That seven page install guide has every bit of information you need to get this working.

Good Luck

-P

@ pearl thx. I am know read file “Simplicity User Manual 1.0.pdf” but I am weak English language.

I missed it “3) Move linsheet to the root of the Simplicty theme on your HUB.” 

Finally able. Thank you. 

I have a question.

Every themes use like this?

macrow wrote:

@ pearl thx. I am know read file “Simplicity User Manual 1.0.pdf” but I am weak English language.

I missed it “3) Move linsheet to the root of the Simplicty theme on your HUB.” 

Finally able. Thank you. 

I have a question.

Every themes use like this?

“Linksheet” themes all operate this way

“non-linksheet” themes operate differently

Happy New Year Everyone,

both of my current themes Black Mamba and Simplicity will be closed and the download links will be deleted on January 31st.

A new theme “Watchlist” will be release the same day

… If any of the premium users who know my themes as good or better as me want to re-release Black Mamba or Simplicity they can contact me and will receive a theme with removed “DeVicious” references. I will allow you to rebrand it. The list of people I would allow to do that is small and it can’t be another themer. I am fine if the themes disapear this is just a service to those who put a lot of time and effort into these themes and want to continue running it and receive updates for it. To me personally both themes don’t match modern day requirements anymore and I will release a WD optimized theme that was recently release by several Smart TV Manufactures for a popular streaming service with my design.

If you are interested to keep the old themes alive contact me by January 20th.

DeVicious

Woo Hoo! I can’t wait to see this!

How about a teaser?? Screen shot?