Runtime error (visual basic C++) during installation on XP SP3

The reason i am asking is because a lot of users are using the relay method of connecting to their devices remotely.  my router does not like the WD UPNP.  It appears the PNPx driver might be there for this reason.

PnP-X uses SSDP and WS-Discovery network communication protocols to make network-connected devices as discoverable as those that are connected directly to a computer over a bus such as  Universal Serial Bus (USB). PnP-X allows network-connected devices to appear as devices inside Windows connected physically and provides an installation experience that is similar to attaching a bus-connected device. The device manufacturer implements PnP-X capabilities to supplement either UPnP or Web Services for Devices (WSD) enabled devices. As a result, for end users, the device is relatively as easy to install as traditional  Plug and Play devices

These are not drivers. Also, we don’t have our own WD UPNP. We use rely on standards like uPnP. If the router does not correctly implement uPnP (which is the case with quite a few routers), then that is not necessarily on WD. We do our best to work around these issues, but until the industry decides to get serious about uPnP/DLNA, there is always going to be issues for consumers.

Those files are catlogs/inf files for windows 7. They advertise what our drive supports so that Windows 7 can correctly discover/setup our device.

In the interest of full disclosure, it is also common practice within the industry for router manufacturers to have an approved NAS device list, and NAS provides also test their devices with some of the most popular routers in the market, and provide a similar list.

Does Western Digital have a list of approved routers?(I apologize if I have missed it)  I am assuming such tests occured…

Fantastic, i just take at home my brand new Live duo 4tb,m insert installation CD and …error.

Great!

Very good attitude WD!

Sorry for this issue. As I have mentioned before, this only affects a small percentage of units that came out of the factory. We will be releasing an update this week (hopefully) that will address this issue only. It will determine if your software folder is blank and if so, download the contents off our web site and repopulate your software folder.

Your solution: 1. Go to the WD link below to download the zip file: NAS35GOnboardingDevice_MBL_Duo_1.5.3.15_12162011 http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/na​sduo.asp 2. Click on the Download now button

… does not give the right link to de “Software”-folder to copy to the empty folder on my network-drive.

Can you please give me the right link to the right download???

thanks in advance…

Easy to search for this on our website…

Here is the link:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=903&sid=170&lang=en

Answer, please, how i can “Copy all of the files in Software folder to the public/Software folder in the Duo”, if i cannt connect to the Duo, beacause i cannt install the software, beacause installation stops with this error?

Hey Hally,

Go to your network, all the computers in the network will be displayed also the WD My Book and there you will find a map software

Hi WD Tony,

I trying almost all your solutions since 2 days (unfortunately bad broadwith band, so downloading 480 Mo patch takes times), but I’m still blocked at the same step by trying to install the my Book live duo software and getting a Runtime C++ error.

I’m running under Windows XP SP3.

I downloaded and launched the MSI file that WDTony provided in a previous post (ap2nc-023108-067-20120515.zip), but unfortunately without any success (all the more I didn’t get his procedure by putting it into the Public/share folder, since I wasn’t able to find it)

I also downloaded the sw-nas-inst_01.04.02_patch4.zip file, but without any success.

I restarted several times, but still blocked with this runtime error.

The only thing I’m able to do is acccessing to he my Book live duo via the internet browser. An online update ran this night, but even with this update, still at the same issue.

As I read it seems to be a WD internal problem directly from the plant. I don’t have hours to spend in front of my PC to solve problems for the manufacturer and I don’t want to become an IT guy. I bought this my Book live, this it seems quite easy to install and use. Please come back to me ASAP or send me another my book live duo with correct parameters and installation software in it.

Thanks in advance

I stay at your disposal for any further information if needed.

Kind regards

Fred

At this point I would suggest that you contact our support group to help you with your problem. I am not in that group, so won’t be of much help to you. They will assist you in resolving this issue - and I apologize for all the issues you have gone through in resolving this.

Tony