Random doesn't seem random any more

SMP - WD Live Streaming Media Player which is the latest live . There is also the original Live player and the Live Plus.

Still not fixed in  1.06.43 V

Now back to the WDLXTV firmware.

(Now with PSVSupporter instead of PSV_Supporter, couldn’t login with old one, it seems the forum software has changed ?)

Hello

I have the WDTV Live HD Media Player and have the latest firmware installed (1.06.43V).  I would just like to say…

Western Digital, could you please fix the broken shuffle feature!

This is a very important feature.

For some reason the WDTV cannot perform this simple task of generating a random number and then picking a track based on that random number.

How could this be?   It boggles the mind.

Please Western Digital, could you please fix this issue.

Thank you.

N.B,  the issue occurs even when playing music directly from a USB hard disk, so it is not a streaming or network issue.

Also, the issue may not be noticeable with a small playlist such as 10 songs.   You need to load a large playlist of at least a hundred songs, then it will become apparent that it is not shuffling the tracks at all, but rather picking the same selection of songs from the top of the list, then a few from the end of the list, then a few from the top, etc. in a predictable fashion.

PSVSupporter wrote:

Hi PSVSupporter

May I ask which version of WDLXTV firmware are you using that shuffles music properly?   As I have just installed WDLXTV 1.05.04V for the sole purpose of being able to shuffle music, but it does not shuffle randomly and is the same as original firmware in that regard.

Thanks

sonic_blue wrote:

PSVSupporter wrote:

Hi PSVSupporter

May I ask which version of WDLXTV firmware are you using that shuffles music properly?   As I have just installed WDLXTV 1.05.04V for the sole purpose of being able to shuffle music, but it does not shuffle randomly and is the same as original firmware in that regard.

Thanks

WDLXTV firmware by itself does not change the random feature

however, I’ve done some plugins which randomize playback

for info you should read up on wdlxtv.com

there’s an app.bin

and an ext plugin

both have specific requirements to function