Official WDTV Remote App - Now Available

I thought that the Hub hardware didn’t have a variable audio output built-in, so that’s why there was no volume control on the WD remote control. Now that the Mobile App can alter the output volume it seems that the Hub hardware does have a variable audio output. If that’s true then why did WD omit a volume control from the remote? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

The hub always had volume control since there is a mute button on the remote control. How hard would it be to add codes to the FW to be able to assign volume up and volume down to the colored keys when viewing video or playing music?

TheCoolDude wrote:
The hub always had volume control since there is a mute button on the remote control. How hard would it be to add codes to the FW to be able to assign volume up and volume down to the colored keys when viewing video or playing music?

Why didn’t they just put a volume rocker on the remote in the first place?

With the app, you press/click the speaker button and a volume control bar appear on the screen which can be slid back and forth. How about when you press the mute button on the regular remote would do the same on the tv screen and use the up and down arrows to control volume.

1 Like

I would vote for your suggestion. There has been a similar suggestion on the Hub Ideas board since the beginning of the year and at the moment it has 73 votes. Strangely the status is shown as “NEW” :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Has anyone tried to get this to work on their PC using something like Bluestacks? If it can work that way then it might provide a better PC control than the daft virtual-remote.

Noddy

Fantastic app, now all my gadgets can be accessed from my iPad. My life is complete :slight_smile:

That app looks great, but currently it doesn´t work with WD TV LIVE the earlier generations.

My question to WDC, will there be an app also for those players?

Would be great - especially the interfaces to internet and easier search functionalities!

I’m having a problem with the remote control app. If a have an .mp4 or .mkv that has more than one stream of audio or subtitles then the remote control app can’t select It.

I go to menu then Audio or Subtitles and hit the buttons but it doesn’t do anything. If I press the same buttons in the actual remote control that came with my live hub then It works.

It seems like the buttons are not programmed correctly. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Other than that, the remote works like a charm. I’m really happy about It.

Thanks!

My settings:

Live Hub latest firmware.

Iphone 4S latest OS version.

WD remote for iOS Version 1.0

The hub is connected to an Apple Airport Express that is expanding an Apple Airport Extreme Network.

will there be an app made for windows phones like the new nokia lumia 800? and is it commonig soon (i hope so) 

thx

I love the voice control on the Android app version

I like the iPhone app a lot but keep coming across and issue where I open the app and it connects to my hub and works fine. Then sometimes when the screen blacks on the phone (and I have it set to do that pretty quickly), when I return to the app it is disconnected from the hub and seems unable to find it again. I then have to go into the setting on the iPhone and turn off the WiFi connection, and turn it back on again, and miraculously the app is now attached to the Hub. Note that in this process I have not closed the application on the phone ( though I can but that does not change anything). Very frustrating. and it does not happen 100% of the time, but often enough that it makes it hard to use.

I am using an iPhone 4s on Sprint with my HUB on FW 3.01.09. Any one else seeing an issue simiar to this where the app loses the WiFi connection to the HUB and can not longer see the device without resetting the WiFi on the phone?

**bleep** I like this app and really want it to work well. I love that it’s WiFi and not IR so I can change my Pandora stations etc without being in the same room as the Hub

Thanks in advance

-P