New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

Already tried that.  No dice.  It just doesn’t give me the option to choose my internet connection type (wireless or wired) like it used to.  

I didn’t test Netfilx. 

But the issue resolved itself. I rebooted one more time and the update completed. I checked Netflix just now and it is working.

Yep. I did the autoupdate. I rolled the firmware back and applied the 2.01.86 update manually (5 files) with a thumbdrive and it’s working fine (netflix too).

Rollback firmware here. Last firmware was 1.16.13

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Thanks for the link.  I’m going to try rolling back to that now and see if that resolves my wifi issue.  When I do a factory reset, it asks me to pick my language and then (instead of asking me to set up the internet connection) it just boots me straight into the main menu with no other way of allowing me to set up my wifi connection.  This is kinda messed up.  

New version, new problems :slight_smile:

Now in YouTube LeanBack, I can no longer lean back.

When i do a search and play a video from the search list, it plays that video to the end, but after the end it does not play to the next video in the search list, it jumps to a random video…

prev/next still works well and play the videos from the search list.

So I rolled back to version 1.16.13.  I still have no option for wifi.  Even after a factory reset.  

I uhhh…this isn’t cool.  

Did you do a factory reset from settings?

Setup → Network Settings → Network Setup

What happens? No options? black screen ?

Mr-Wolf wrote:

Setup → Network Settings → Network Setup

What happens? No options? black screen ?

It takes me to a screen that says “select connection mode” and gives me the choice of Automatic or Manual.  If I select Automatic it tries to do something for 15-20 seconds and tells me that it was unable to get an IP.  If I choose manual, I can put in my IP, subnet, etc, by hand, but that’s never going to work, because I’m not actually connected to the wifi network.  

hello friends

I have a wd tv live streaming, When I upgrade to the latest version the device is restarted on the logo wd tv live, I tried to put a pen drive with some firmware and it has not been possible to recognize it, please I need your help.

last firmware 1.16 to 2.01.86

reset: yes

sorry bad english

This has happened before when updates don’t work. Try updating again via USB.

Try unplugging from power for some minutes.

1 Like

Before that screen, I have a screen with the options “Wired” and “Wireless” that you are missing.

Only If I press “Wired” then I get the screen you have, with “Automatic” or “Manual”.

1 Like

Just do a factory reset from setting/system/factory reset and then update 2.0.1.86 from the usb.

This should fix your probelm.

richUK wrote:

Try unplugging from power for some minutes.

Cool.  This appears to have worked.  Now I’m updating the firmware (again) so hopefully it will still work after the update.  Thanks for the help.

Edit: Updated succesfully and wifi still works.  Looks like everything is fixed now.  Thanks for all the helpful replies.  

This update is a little different. It rebooted my WDTV four times, not the usual three.

Usual:
reboot 1 then download begins.
Reboot 2 then firmware installs
Reboot 3 is up and running.

This time, there is a second firmware install and reboot after reboot 2 above.

Unlike the older firmwares this one has two parts which is why the extra updates.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
This update is a little different. It rebooted my WDTV four times, not the usual three.

Usual:
reboot 1 then download begins.
Reboot 2 then firmware installs
Reboot 3 is up and running.

This time, there is a second firmware install and reboot after reboot 2 above.

that’s interesting and makes me wonder what they are really doing, there’s always a ton of stuff not in the release notes

maybe they are doing a bootloader update or something else substantial, possibly required for DTS-MA hardware key, etc

can’t be a simple kernel & firmware update

those have always been done together with the normal 3 reboots

Yup, and I forgot to make my point. :). IIRC, the last time they did this I think was on the Hub, and it also prevented Wifi attached hubs from updating completely.

Mine is wired, and had no issues at all with the update.