New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

foetus wrote:

You don´t have Leanback too, so it does not crash occasionally :slight_smile:

• *> True, but i use my PS3 for Youtube Leanback … works great … doesn’t crash :wink: 

It’s such a shame that WD finally comes out with a decent firmware for their SMP, yet leaves their flagship HUB in the dirt. I personally store all my content on the hub, which is in my living room, yet it lacks many features that are now available on my SMPs throughout the house. The Netflix stuttering bug is by far the worst.

WD, would it really be THAT much trouble to bring the latest SMP firmware to the HUB? I thought both devices are practically identical on the software side.

I stand by the above statement as well. The feature I need the most is DTS-HD MA passthrough. Otherwise, a great pleayer, that I’m continuing to use for more than 3 years now, but just started to look for other options because of this missing feature. Is the end of support official or just still unclear? 

Check out “the little black box”. I’m waiting for mine to be shipped.

Android and XBMC is the big trend right now. Looks to me like WD has missed the boat on this!

I’m running it on a Tronsmart T428 Mini PC Stick and custom Finless Bob 1.5a ROM. But, stay away from one of these keybards - JUNK! HERE

CP123 wrote:

I stand by the above statement as well. The feature I need the most is DTS-HD MA passthrough. Otherwise, a great pleayer, that I’m continuing to use for more than 3 years now, but just started to look for other options because of this missing feature. Is the end of support official or just still unclear? 

I’d say it’s pretty much official. 

Bill,

Thanks a lot for your clarification. Better to know than hope in vain.

You’re welcome.  Sorry, I didn’t have better news.  I have two myself.

Well this seals the deal for me.  I was keeping my hub around just incase there was a DTS-HD update and then I saw the SMP get it and I was optimistic, but now those hopes are gone.  I’m glad that someone at WD finally woke up and actually interpreted the DTS agreements and laws correctly and gave the go ahead on passthrough for the SMP but also sad that support here has ended for the Hub.

I’ve moved on to a better player about a year ago that supports passthrough plus 3D, which is only a nice to have.  Now it isn’t without its own firmware issues (what player isn’t) but it does work great and has the features i needed.  Its too bad that WD missed the boat and my money has gone else where after being a loyal WD media player owner.

Time to put the Hub up on kijiji…

1 Like

Hi Guys

After upgrade my screen just keeps flickering again.

I have reset to factory defaults and I have also cleared media data.

Not sure what else to do.

Please help.

Thanks

Gavin

Please, help me.

I can’t see my new My  Book USB 4T [Deleted - Trancer] in my Live Hub. I haven’t any problem with my other My Book (2 T),  but with the new is impossible …

What’s happen?

I tried in 2 USB connections

Thanks

Gonzalo

I’ve just come across this site and thread after wondering why my WD TV Live box had received a firmware update, but not my WD TV Livehub.

Is there any chance of us Livehub owners all requesting a firmware update offering the same facilities now afforded to the WD TV Live box? If so, to whom should we send the request?

As has been mentioned above, it surely cannot be that difficult to port over the WD TV Live firmware to the Livehub, as it’s essentially the same box with a hard disk drive attached…

Cheers,

Mark

Hub is discontinued, therefore no new firmware,

“it surely cannot be that difficult to port over the WD TV Live firmware to the Livehub”

I guess it is dificult

This has happend to me more times than i can count. this is what I have to do after each update.

1. unplug ALL Usb drives & routers or hubs

2. disconnect power and keep off for at least 30 sec’s

3. Plug back in and allow to power up completly

4. after you see the option banner at the bottom plug your hub(s) back in with out any drives attached

5. plug each drive back into the hub ONE at a time, allow for the device to scan that drive and compile the media library

and repeat step #5 for each external drive.

its a pain in the A** but it does work every time.

So if the Live Hub is no longer supported, why have they not released the source code so the community of people, that still own and loves these devices, to develop and strengthen the current firmware or give it a big upgrade. Its not hard WD. Simply post them here.  Let the community pick it up where you failed.

All the apps need to be updated, and the sound needs to be fixed. Do something for those of us that paid for your product and support.

That’s funny. Did apple release the source code to iOS on platforms they no longer support? Heck no…

TonyPh12345 wrote:
That’s funny. Did apple release the source code to iOS on platforms they no longer support? Heck no…

Didn’t you get your Windows XP source code last week? :smileyvery-happy:

I got it for the last ramadan

Yes, that is pretty funny you “Esteemed Contributors” think that WD can keep up with the two biggest operating system companies in the world. You must still be laughing, cause i am. Mostly at the thought that you even tried comparing to Miscosoft and Apple :smileyvery-happy: indeed. WD is a great company for hardware only as they do provide great support, or replacements of their mecanical flaws.

You all, as well as I know that companies dont follow through. I know the probability of you all releasing the code is slim to none but it doesnt hurt to try and make something that is great even better. I plan on keeping mine until it dies, and I was just hopeing that someone in the community can do more improvements to what was shelved by the WD team, as we can see this is the best you can do. Just dissapointed as I am sure many are.

It was good while it lasted. This is my last WD media device. Too bad. I had high hopes.

Yeah, don’t ever mention MS and Apple names in vain. Now, I am laughing.