New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)

Cause if it ran Android it wouldn’t be such a steaming coil of skite.

ChromeCast FTW.

Ah.

Now you’ve illustrated quite well that you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

Android is an Operating System.

Linux is an Operating System.

All WD products run on a Linux Operating System.

Just because something is based on Android OS does not imbue it with some magical property of bullet-proofness.

I just upgraded the firmware.  Now the hub can’t find its internal drive.  It still boots but the internal drive isn’t being detected.  Help please!

have you tried a Factory Reset ?   (this does not delete any of your media files)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

1 Like

I disconnected the USB drive, disconnected the power, counted to 10, and plugged it back in.  The internal drive came back. 

Thanks.

Glad to hear :smiley:   (it still is recommended to do a Factory Reset after a Firmware Update. ie i was unable to scrape movie information after a Firmware Update … i did the Factory Reset and then it was working again)

Nobody said Android was bulletproof… Nice overreaction.

But it’s got a lot less problems than whatever lousy OS the Hub is stuck with.

ClintonHammond wrote:
But it’s got a lot less problems than whatever lousy OS the Hub is stuck with.

Wrong again.

Linux is generations (decades) more mature and stable than Android.  

Your issue is with the APPLICATION not the OS.   If they rebuilt the application to run on android, it’d still be the same application.

Does anybody have this problem?

My WDTVLH never have problem before, but after i upgrade the firmware to the newer firmware from Version 3.08.14, the audio for all my movies (avi, mkv, even from DVD rip) is choppy (no problem with video). 

yes, i tried all the latest version from  Version 3.12.13  Version 3.11.10  Version 3.10.09  Version 3.09.18 . and all have the same problem. my temporary solution is to downgrade to 3.08.14.

Yesterday i made more testing using new firmware 3.12.13, and i found out that audio from optical and rca output has no problem. so i also change the audio on my TV (LCD) from HDMI digital audio to HDMI analog audio (connected via RCA) and it works also. 

So, i concluded that the problem lies on HDMI DIGITAL AUDIO output. 

more info: i bought my unit from Indonesia and use them in Indonesia. the HDMI to LCD output is 720 50Hz. Yes i tried to change to 60hz as well, which works. I am not sure if my unit is PAL version or NTSC version. possiblity it is PAL version. 

thanks

If Linux is so much better than Android then what’s wrong with the WD Hub… why doesn’t it work worth spit?

ClintonHammond wrote:
If Linux is so much better than Android then what’s wrong with the WD Hub… why doesn’t it work worth spit?

Already asked, already answered. 

Fix Favorites

Fix the clock

Make the YouTube or Netflix UI work even half way decently

Improve file compatibility

Play animated gifs

Fix it forgetting sources

Get a music interface that isn’t from 1986

And WD still won’t have my support on this device. I wouldn’t recommend The Hub to someone I hated.

If it is so bad and dislike it so much  then why do you persist to troll around this site?

Fix Favorites :heavy_check_mark:

Fix the clock :heavy_check_mark: + add clock screensaver from Play

Make the YouTube or Netflix UI work even half way decently :heavy_check_mark:

Improve file compatibility - ?

Play animated gifs - are you for real

Fix it forgetting sources - :heavy_check_mark:

Get a music interface that isn’t from 1986 - :heavy_check_mark: want happen but would be good

Tony, am I mistaken or doesn’t Android have to have Linux to even boot up? I have a Tronsmart T428 when it boots I see some penguins on the screen for a few moments. So, no Linux=No Android! Ta Da!

foetus wrote:

Fix Favorites :heavy_check_mark:

Are Favorites working for you in this 3.12.13 firmware?

They are not working for anyone

1 Like

Does anyone have the inside scoop on why they’re dragging their feet on fixing this?

I was going to submit a trouble ticket thinking that I was one of the few that is experiencing issues, but decided to check this thread again.  I see many are having many issues.  

Is a rollback not possible? Do they need more information?

1 Like

firmware was just updated to 3.12.13

and no videos of any type will play, just get a rotating arrow [icon] on the screen

when highlighting a video, video codec and audio codec do not populate

should not have updated, most are troblesome

a previous update had same problem with the audio codec no populating, video played no audio

1 Like

____wdtvlivehub wrote:

firmware was just updated to 3.12.13

and no videos of any type will play, just get a rotating arrow [icon] on the screen

Doubtful it has anything to do with the update…

I’ve updated, too, and all of my videos still play fine.