New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.34_V (9/24/12)

@KarVi I wouldn’t go with a Boxee Box, tons of unresolved bugs and no firmware updates in almost 7 months. Support is all but dead…

@nfodiz

Thanks. Something to take into consideration. Going from one dead product to another would not be good…

Not resolving to this yet, but will try if I have too. Here’s the link to downgrade firmware

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

1 Like

Deezer stopped working on my WDTV LIVE about a week ago, it had been working fine before. I have been waiting for new firmware to see if that fixed it but it’s still not working. When I try to play anything in the top charts or radio it just loops and cycles tracks and doesn’t play. When I press play again when its cycling through tracks it says something about checking manual for supported formats.

This was very annoying because I was about to sign up to their service.

Anyone else having a problem with Deezer atm?

I’m extremely dissappointed and annoyed.

My first firmware upgrade for the WD Live …

“Just keeps looping at the loading menu, if I hit back on the remote I can get the options screen to show momentarily but not long enough to do anything.   The hard reset buton is not even working.  WD TV Live.”

This firmware is horrible.  It fixed none of the issues of the previous version and now I can not access my network shares at all!!!  At least before I got a spinning blue circle and it was super slow, but now I can not watch anything off my computer.  I have a worthless brick on my tv stand now. 

It is indeed wrong move to release this firmware update this early. Previous firmwares were ok, but this really messes things up. I could play again mkv files (server 2008 domain, AD account through network share) after doing a factory reset for the device and then set up the network domain and account info again. But the movie starting takes forever and I noticed when 16x forward didn’t update the the movie screen while forwarding anymore, then I press play after forwarding…hmm…hmmm…nothing happens for a long while before you can continue again. And the movie starting…takes forever compared to the previous firmware. I have only tried couple movie,s same end result. Going to try to put back the previous firmware…these kind of updates should be put out.

Terrible video file playback results on my Plus. Tried mkv and mp4 thus far, and both take FOREVER to load.  Based on the comments in this forum, I’ll avoid it on my HD (non-Plus).

I can confirm that this is not a good update. Someone must have released the wrong file. 

Playback takes apporx. 20-30 seconds from external USB drive

There is no playback for anything more than 720p resolution over the network.

Using all mkv files.

Please update this release ASAP.

Sigh!

I haven’t experienced the problems I’m reading about in this forum, largely because I’ve cut short my upgrade on my 2 WDTVLIVE’s and my WDTVLIVE+.

What I immediately experienced, was the network share file filtering being enabled.  After all this time!

After being unable to incorporate any kind of text information into the WDTVLIVE, like movie, information, read-status, file descriptions and show schedules, I had to devise my own method, utilizing powerpoint to save text information as a JPG. A bit of a pain, but it worked.

Now, that’s been wiped out with this file filtering.  I don’t mind the idea of filtering. In fact at one time, I thought it was rather stupid that there wasn’t any.

However, if this is supposed to be a “fixed feature” after all this time, please at least have the decency to make it configurable.  Don’t penalize customers that are trying to fill in the gaps in the basic functionality of the device.

Thanks.

Hi ST-F1,

The same thing happened to me.

I had auto play enabled for videos and for some reason it loops everytime you switch it on.

I put previous firmware on a usb stiick to downgrade that stopped the loop then I realised that it was auto play that was causing it  and just switched it off now the firmware works great.

IMO it’s worth it for BBC IPlayer alone!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

After upgrading the screen flashes on and off i.e. from the WD TV home screen to a blank screen.  Sometimes I see green horizontal bars and some flickering and then it goes completely blank.  Sometimes my TV completely loses the HDMI signal and displays a ‘No Input’ message.  I’ve checked the HDMI cables.  But they were not touched before or after the update and it was working fine prior to the update. 

How disappointing.

Rolled back to prior 1.06.16B firmware due to terrible video playback delay.  Verified previous version loads and plays large MKV file in about 5 secs. Contrast with version 1.06.34B, which took well over a minute to play the same file!!!

DISASTROUS FOR VIDEO FILE PLAYBACK.  CLOSE TO UNUSABLE.

What was WD thinking?

In fact! What happened here? NOTHING works anymore!

Connection to Network Shares not possible any more

Starting  to play even PAL-movies lasts about 15-30 sec.!

1080p movies ts/m2ts without sound and stuttering

Nothing like resets and checking video- network- or sound setup works…

I rolled back to 1.06.15_V (I knew it was a good idea not to delete the zip from my hdd!)

Now everything is fine again but always after startup I must ignore the “new firmware found” :angry:

Please dear WD stop programming any more firmware for media players.

Since more than 5 firmwareupdates my Playstation 3 has NO ISSUES and plays almost every kind of file (i don’t use mkv - my luck) If there wouldn’t be the difference between 10 Watts of the WDTV and the 120 Watts of the PS3 I WOULD EVEN PAY if someone takes both of my WDTV (my WDTV smp version is the same… instable but I can stop the update-message)

I’m getting the same problems as mentioned by others… takes 1 minute to start playing a 1080p movie. then stutters for the first 45 seconds… players for 5 mins ok then more stutter.

I noticed the light doesn’t show on my D-Link USB wireless adaptor now after the update.

Can someone please check to see if Deezer works and post here if the Top charts plays ok for them.

I’m extremely dissappointed and annoyed.

My first firmware upgrade for the WD Live …

“Just keeps looping at the loading menu, if I hit back on the remote I can get the options screen to show momentarily but not long enough to do anything.   The hard reset buton is not even working.  WD TV Live.”

I’m experiencing the exact same thing following the update. The device is completely useless and I can’t even reset it to factory defaults by holding the reset button.

Someone posted a solution that might help you…they put a rollback firmware on USB drive which stopped the looping and then turned off autoplay for video and it seemed to help

Was working watching a movie.  Ran the update, no no video through component or hdmi.  Analog show video all scrambled.  Rolled back to last version on their archive, still only worked on analog and was completely distorted. Reloaded new firmware and no video anywhere except analog input.  I unbelievably ticked off.  ANyone know what to do?

Same thing happening here. went to watch a movie, saw firmware upgrade, proceded with upgrade. Unit upgraded and now is stuch with the never ending, looping arrow. Is it possible to roll back the upgrde if I am constantly stuck in the loading loop? What a waste.

Unbelievable. Over a year of waiting for this? Why am I not surprised.

VP