New Release - My Net N900 Router Firmware Update (1/15/13)

Rob21719 wrote:

lordv: The rollback worked for me. Based on this post it worked for you too right?

lordv wrote:

erikkur wrote:

Yeah, what is this talk about a factory reset after a firmware update?  I seem to have “lost” my internal storage again, this time after upgrading to the latest firmware.  yes, you got that right…the INTERNAL storage now can’t be seen by its own **bleep** router.  Nice job guys.  Now how Do I get the router to see its own storage again.  BTW, I can still see the share I had created before in Windows explorer, and listen to songs from it, and see some of the pics from it.

What a huge hastle this whole thing has been.  if this isn’t resolved quickly, this will be going back to amazon.  Don’t care if it was a good deal…it just isn’t worth it.

Erik 

What I did was this

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9618/~/how-to-recover-a-my-net-router-from-a-failed-firmware-update

and uploaded the 1.05.12 file.  1.06.18 really just destroyed my system.  I was getting constant connection drops.

The way that I advised worked for me, but the way that Bill advised did not work for me.  Even after ther reset with Bill’s method I was still on 1.06.

Has WD pulled the 1.06.18 firmware altogether? I don’t see it listed on the site any more.

varxx wrote:

Has WD pulled the 1.06.18 firmware altogether? I don’t see it listed on the site any more.

I don’t understand why WD is not better at communication. If you pull a firmware already released (1.06.18) or you tell certain people that firmware (1.05.12) will ruin the router you need to tell everyone why you are doing this. We need to be informed!

wbennett77 wrote:

varxx wrote:

I don’t understand why WD is not better at communication. If you pull a firmware already released (1.06.18) or you tell certain people that firmware (1.05.12) will ruin the router you need to tell everyone why you are doing this. We need to be informed!

I posted the rollbacks on the previous page of this thread.  At the time, I don’t think I knew that they were pulling the firmware, or I would have posted that it was being pulled.  Sorry…

Bill_S wrote:

wbennett77 wrote:

varxx wrote:

I posted the rollbacks on the previous page of this thread.  At the time, I don’t think I knew that they were pulling the firmware, or I would have posted that it was being pulled.  Sorry…

Why was it pulled?

I ask a “level 2 tech rep”  that question (“Why was it pulled?”) today on the phone. He said, “I don’t know.”  :confounded:

I am posting this for entertainment purposes only why the firmware was pulled off the website.

The build date was Friday 21 2012 that is why! :smileyvery-happy:

I think the issue is the FasTrack Plus QoS. When I turn it on, my router blocks within one day. When I keep it turned off, the router including WIFI is still running. (Firmwareversion 1.05.12). However the UI on 192.168.1.1 is not responding.

Moderator of this must close further comments on this thread as FW 1.06.18 does not exist anymore and has been seen to be pulled off the website.

Thanks for reading our feeback.

Done.