New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 2.42.02-012 (4/17/13)

There is but I wouldn’t recommend using the reset button script on the last 3 or so firmware releases. Because of the choice of 2 DLNA servers now, the firmware has several scripts that are crucial to be run and the only way to do that is using the dashboard to update.

1 Like

Thanks nfodiz for all your help!

Your thread…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Restore-Downgrade-firmware-via-the-reset-button/td-p/481588/highlight/false

saved the day!

After reading this thread I have decided to just wait for the next firmware release.

May be the secret is to just de-activate Twonky and iTunes service prior to update?

Had the 90% stuck, too. Brand new device. Pulled the plug, thereafter MBL ended up “yellow light”. Proper set-up not possible, so I returned it and got a new one.

Anyway: Cross my heart and hope to die - I will certainly not touch this *#@§$%& dashboard-upgrade anymore!

I read through all the posts here and didn’t see this, so maybe I’m the only one… After the firmware update to my 3TB MBL (which didn’t hang for me) a share I created is no longer accessible in OS X Finder or through wd2go.  It shows up as a share in the UI, but wd2go says it can’t be opened and it never appears in Finder.  THAT’S THE SHARE I PUT EVERYTHING IN! (I have multiple MBL drives and need to distinguish between half a dozen “Public” folders.)  I think the files are sitll there somewhere based on the space available, but don’t see any way to get to them.  I’m totally hosed right now!  I’d sure appreciate any help you can give, because spending another 72-96 hours transferring data does NOT sound like a good time.

EDIT: If I ssh in to the drive, the share is there and the files all appear to be completely intact.

Hello all,

Where can I download this new firmware from the WD website? I have three devices I need to update and donwloading the firmware only once saves a lot of headache.

Thanks!

I had a folder on my MBL 3TB become inaccessible from Windows. When I ssh in to the drive all the files were visible. I changed the folder permissions through ssh and went back to Windows and I could access it.