New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.42.03 – 027 (6/10/2013)

my current version is 02.41.05-034 : Core F/W

i tried to update using auto update (dashboard system prompt) as well as download and update using file downloaded from link provided

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024203-027-20130529.deb

it kept on stuck at 10% updating and give me this error

31103 - Upgrade download failure. Please try your upgrade again

surely this is not download problem but updating problem. any idea why this is happening?

I think that is the point the .deb is unpacking. You can SSH in and check the update or upgrade log in /CacheVolume to see exactly why it is throwing the error.

Is there actually support from WD at all here - for me it looks like only problems get posted but not one single really working solution. We also got stuck after the update and can’t even login now anymore as it always brings us back to the login page no matter what password we put in. SSH is also redirecting to this login page.

lisandi wrote:

Is there actually support from WD at all here - for me it looks like only problems get posted but not one single really working solution. We also got stuck after the update and can’t even login now anymore as it always brings us back to the login page no matter what password we put in. SSH is also redirecting to this login page.

lisandi,

This is a user to user community.  If you’re looking for support, you should contact our Support help.  Below is the contact information for WD’s Support. You can contact them either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

1 Like

I have version MyBookLive 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W.  I’ve tried auto-update and get the message saying your firmware is up-to-date??

Very happy with the new soft ware

I have this latest version update and tried to stream/ play .mkv file to my samsung tv. Samsung did identify through twonky and was able to get to stored folder and file. Clicked on file.mkv and error says it doesn’t support this format.

Any ideas?

zerkc wrote:

I have this latest version update and tried to stream/ play .mkv file to my samsung tv. Samsung did identify through twonky and was able to get to stored folder and file. Clicked on file.mkv and error says it doesn’t support this format.

Any ideas?

I don’t think that twonky 5 supports .mkv files (could be wrong), try switching to the WD DLNA media server, According to the manual WD’s media server does support it.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705058.pdf#page=117

Twonky 5 supports MKVs fine.

The issue is a compatibility issue specifically between Samsung and Twonky.

IIRC, Twonky 5 presents a MIME type for MKV files that Samsung TVs don’t understand.   Later versions of Twonky have profiles specific to Samsung that change the MIME type to what Samsung expects to see.

The WD DLNA server is also supposed to change the profile for Samsung TVs to eliminate that issue.

I’m currently at MyBookLive 02.42.02-012 : Core F/W

When I click “Check for Update” it thinks its up to date on the most recent update. Any ideas? 

SDRHYTHM wrote:

I’m currently at MyBookLive 02.42.02-012 : Core F/W

When I click “Check for Update” it thinks its up to date on the most recent update. Any ideas? 

Don’t worry about it your device is up to date. 02.42.02-012 and 02.42.03-027 are the same version the only difference is that 02.42.03-027 was pushed out for the people who’s devices update was hanging.

Is anyone else geting endless email notification about every hour with ??? for whats the notification is about?

General consensus is that it’s actually a High Temperature alarm.

Bill_S wrote:

lisandi wrote:

lisandi,

This is a user to user community.  If you’re looking for support, you should contact our Support help.  Below is the contact information for WD’s Support. You can contact them either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I too cannot get any answers and btw to community managers response, I put a request in a week ago via email and the only response I have gotten is they try to respond in 24 hours, maybe it should be changed to 24 days. Sorry crabby working on this for a week!

My firmware update is stuck at 0%. I have no errors, just has set on do not close this window for 5 days. How do I reboot this safely to start over? Anyone? Close the window? Pull the plug? My led is violet for 5 days.

What got me here-

Noticed my backups were not performing since May.

Tried to update to the latest Smartware version. Smartware will not launch now and Quick View is gone. (Windows 7).

Decided I should try updated firmware, which got me here stuck 0% update.

I did realize after the smartware update I no longer had MyBookLive visibility on my network but my mapped drives are visible. I have a static IP assigned in my router but did not select static IP on MyBookLive as I assumed the router overrode the device by assigning the IP. Just an FYI if someone out there can help me!

I understand WD may be under a heavy load on answering questions, but with so many postings with the same update problems its frustrating that no solutions are available searching the knowledge base for answers.

Again, my update is hung up, how do I safely reboot to start over? 

SIS425 wrote:

My firmware update is stuck at 0%. I have no errors, just has set on do not close this window for 5 days. How do I reboot this safely to start over? Anyone? Close the window? Pull the plug? My led is violet for 5 days.

What got me here-

Noticed my backups were not performing since May.

Tried to update to the latest Smartware version. Smartware will not launch now and Quick View is gone. (Windows 7).

Decided I should try updated firmware, which got me here stuck 0% update.

I did realize after the smartware update I no longer had MyBookLive visibility on my network but my mapped drives are visible. I have a static IP assigned in my router but did not select static IP on MyBookLive as I assumed the router overrode the device by assigning the IP. Just an FYI if someone out there can help me!

I understand WD may be under a heavy load on answering questions, but with so many postings with the same update problems its frustrating that no solutions are available searching the knowledge base for answers.

Again, my update is hung up, how do I safely reboot to start over? 

Update-

I rebooted my router to disconnect the internet, incase it thought it was downloading, then went back to dashboard and hit the “escape” and it took me out of the firmware hang-up. 

Now I am trying to resolve the connection issue, for my laptop to see mybooklive in my network group. I used MS troubleshooter and the problem was resolved briefly until I rebooted laptop to make sure and now can no longer see mybooklive once again. I have checked my Norton Firewall and Mybooklive can be seen and is “trusted”/ turned off my firewall tried to refresh my network view and still cannot see mybooklive/ I believe this is where my firmware upgrade problem is but cannot resolve it through MS or Norton, every trouble shoot test is completed. Mybooklive has a static IP assigned by the router/Firewall off/Windows 7 64bit is the environment. This was not an issue until I installed Smartware which can’t see MYBOOKLIVE as a target drive so I tried to update my firmware which brought me to my original post. This **bleep**.

Thank god, finally. Both of my Drives were successfully updated.  pooped my pants for a bit but all went well…

I’ve still got the problem of the update being stuck at 90%, regardless of the way I update (file or dashboard).

Right now I’m running firmware version 02.41.05-034.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Can we expect a new update now that My Cloud drives have been released?

I just realized my My Book Live is running Firmware 02.42.02. I checked for an update and after getting a few “no Internet connection” errors, it finally came back and told me there’s no update. Since 02.42.03 only fixes applying 02.42.02, can I take it that there’s no need to upgrade to 02.42.03?