New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-046 (9/26/12)

You know what annoys me the most…

I’m on my home network inside my house using the wd2go app and I still can’t connect to drive.

I’m done. I’m pulling the data off the drive now and will start spreading the story on this experience with direct links and screenshots of the posts in this forum.

Well done WD. Well done.

As above I am doing the same, I am going to try and return it to the store!

Ive had it 3 days and quite frankly its [edited]

I just tried to update to this firmware and the firmware is now stuck on “downloading 100%” been stuck this way for hours, any ideas?

Nik71 wrote:

WD is happy to announce

After updating the firmware, I can’t “map network drive” on a folder Public, since MBL requires user name and password, but does not accept any of the users registered on the MBL.>  Factory Restore solves this problem, but only until the first MBL reboot or save any settings.

I am so happy…

Please resolve the non sleep issue with remote access enebled on this firmware,

I’m waiting the upgrade, hope the fix soon…

I just have to say im running 02.11.09-053, and everything works perfectly! The way these firmware updates have been I don’t think I’ll ever update the drive again.

sure, th last 02.11.09-053 works perfect for me too,

I don’t unserstand why WD team dont’ do any regression test on the new firmware…

Hi

Like the previous 2 posts, I’m running 02.11.09-053 after I’ve reverted my MBL from patch  2.32.05-144. And it seems to be a reasonable stable version, also regarding remote access via wd2go, shares and user administration is OK even.

Can’t even remember what is missing in that version, perhaps Time Machine Backup doesn’t run against OSX Mountain Lion ?

But If you like to use remote access, go back to …-053. Howto’s is available in other threads in here.

Regards

please where I can download tho old 02.11.09-053 firmware? no post  I’ve found with link

mbrondt wrote:

But If you like to use remote access, go back to …-053. Howto’s is available in other threads in here.

Regards

I thought it was impossible. Please specify the exact link. Thanks in advance.

Here is the link to my Guide on how to restore/upgrade/downgrade the firmware on a MyBookLive. It includes links to most, if not all past firmwares.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Restore-Downgrade-firmware-via-the-reset-button/td-p/481588

The guide assumes you are using Windows. Mac users should be able to use this guide as well but will need to find a program similar to WinSCP. If you find one that works for the Mac please let me know and I will add it to the guide.

I think I must be out of step with lots of other users regarding the firmware update.  For once WD has got something right - my MBL now sleeps as intended, I can use remote access, I can use WD2 Go and access all my files either from my iPad or my Android phone without issue.  The only thing I don’t tend to use is Time Machine as (a) I find the transfer speeds very slow indeed compared to USB 2 and (b) I prefer to keep TM backups on a separate dedicated USB2 external HD.  Leave well alone now chaps, no more upgrades for the time being please.

Koras wrote:

sure, th last 02.11.09-053 works perfect for me too,

I don’t unserstand why WD team dont’ do any regression test on the new firmware…

+1. Another happy 02.11.09-053 MBL owner. Can’t be bothered upgrading until WD sorts out all this f/w releases that brick MBLs or make then unstable…

I just purchased a 2TB MBL.   Upon opening the dashboard, I was immediately directed to update the firmware; I had made no other setting adjustments, created shares or users, and had not yet enabled remote access.  The firmware update 02.32.05-046 went very smooth.  Following the update, I successfully registered the drive with WD, and received acknowledgement.  I was also able to add my email address to Alerts and Notifications, and received a successful test email.  Mapping the drive on my network is not an issue, and I am able to transfer files to the drive.  The network settings indicate “good” for internet access.  DHCP is selected.

It was after this that the wheels came off.

I list the problems below:

1.  Selecting “Users” on the menu, I received " 32102 - Error retrieving user information: Internal server error."

2.  Selecting “Shares” on the menu, I received " 33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal server error." 

3.  Closing the error message and attempting to create a share, I received " 33152 - Failed to create the specified share."

4.  Selecting “Safepoints” on the menu, I received " 35550 - Error retrieving safepoint list on selected network device: Internal server error."

5.  Selecting “Remote Access” from the Settings menu, I received " 31550 - Error adding mobile access: Internal server error."

6.  Selecting “Utilities” from the Settings menu, I receive the “Please Wait” message.  The Utilities menu never comes up.

7.  Checking for updates indicates that F/W -046 is installed and current.

8.  Selecting the admin user on the list, I received " 30000 - Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (users_get_200)"

9.  Selecting Rebuild for the WD 2Go Server, I received " 31678 - Error rebuilding WD 2go database: Internal server error."

10.  Access to the Twonky server, interestingly enough, works.

I’m hoping that someone on the Forum can provide a solution.  Awaiting your replies.

Same problem here. I buy mine this morning, I have been reading the guides to restore firmware, but as I haven’t copy any data on it, my solution is more simple, tomorrow I’ll go to the store to give the unit and get my money back.

rtwng wrote:

Same problem here. I buy mine this morning, I have been reading the guides to restore firmware, but as I haven’t copy any data on it, my solution is more simple, tomorrow I’ll go to the store to give the unit and get my money back.

Unfortunately this is the only advice we can give at the moment. If you read through this forum the devices are basically worthless.

Take it back - get your money back and invest in another device.

Hello guys.

I updated my firmware yesterday and was baffled to find this morning that the My Book Live web interface didn’t accept my password. For the record, immediately after the update I was able to access the UI and I certainly haven’t changed my credentials. I reset the thing as the manual says I should /I held the reset button for about 4 seconds while the device was working/ and for a moment I thought it was fixed. The web interface was accessible but the shares I had created were not. I created shares with the same names as the old ones so that I could open my stored data. And then the UI suddenly crashed. I’ve been trying to access it for a couple of hours and there’s not a sign of it. I type http://NAS_IP and I see only a blank page. I tried at least three times the combination NAS reset +  computer reset + rooter reset, to no detectable result. Fortunately, at least my files are still untouched. 

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Edit: It seems as though if you don’t have SSH enabled on such a drive it’s pretty much hopeless. :frowning:

fethry wrote:

Hello guys.

I updated my firmware yesterday and was baffled to find this morning that the My Book Live web interface didn’t accept my password. For the record, immediately after the update I was able to access the UI and I certainly haven’t changed my credentials. I reset the thing as the manual says I should /I held the reset button for about 4 seconds while the device was working/ and for a moment I thought it was fixed. The web interface was accessible but the shares I had created were not. I created shares with the same names as the old ones so that I could open my stored data. And then the UI suddenly crashed. I’ve been trying to access it for a couple of hours and there’s not a sign of it. I type http://NAS_IP and I see only a blank page. I tried at least three times the combination NAS reset +  computer reset + rooter reset, to no detectable result. Fortunately, at least my files are still untouched. 

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Edit: It seems as though if you don’t have SSH enabled on such a drive it’s pretty much hopeless. :frowning:

The link below will allow you to recover all of your data as well as fix the issue, however please note that you will be voiding the three year warranty by doing so. There have been cases where customers were allowed to proceed without voiding there warranty, my advice would be to first contact western digital via telephone tell them what’s going on and ask for approval before proceeding. If you do decide to go through note that there are two procedures on this document the first one lets you keep you data, while the second rebuilds the partition and erases your data.

And the probelm was WD’s fault they haven’t been relseaing stable firmware updates for the past 7 months now.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-How-to-unbrick-a-totally-dead-MBL/m-p/435724/highlight/true#M12669> I hope I was able you help you out best of luck…

Well, after some reading I came to the same conclusion, Thank you anyway. :slight_smile:

fethry wrote:

Well, after some reading I came to the same conclusion, Thank you anyway. :slight_smile:

if your data is backed up and you dont need to recover it, ask them for a RMA