New Release - Firmware Version 3.05.10 for WD TV Live Hub (6/5/12)

Well here I thought WD was starting to come around but I’ve noticed now with this new version that most of my MKV files freeze about 15 min into into the asset and I need to reboot to play again.  Also my .ts files all seem to experience break up and I’ve played all the .ts movies previously with v2.08.13.  Looks like its roll back time and I loose my ACC / AC3 toggle support once again.

Thanks for your support…

Since the firmware update, I can’t play .flv or .mp4 files. Need to fix this asap. Anybody else find a way?

Thank you for the new firmware.

Unfortunately I still am having problems playing my .mts-files (from a Sony DSC-HX9V-compact camera). Sound and pictures is out of sync with about four-five seconds. The .mts-files plays fine with firmware version 2_08_13. So I rolled back once again. 

Sorry if the following seems smartass (it is not intended that way): But don’t you test playback of common movie-formats before releasing a new firmware? I mean, it’s only a matter of having a harddrive with a bunch of (small) movies in all the common formats, and then checking them? It should not take long, and it will clearly reveal any problems. Only curious since playback/streaming is one of the most (if not the most) important feature of your product. 

Peter

Ever since I got my WDTV Live Hub, I’ve tried every firmware update that was released, and I always end up returning to version 2.04.23, the one for me was the stable version. 

What I don’t like about the upgrades is the Audio setup. Why would you remove the option for Digital Pass-Through? Not the via Optical or the HDMI, just the option on 2.04.23 Digital Pass-Through. I liked that option for my WDTV because I can watch videos that have stereo sound on the TV speakers and watch HD videos with 5.1 audio or DTS using the Optical cable attached to my entertainment system without  adjusting the options everytime like in this current firmware update.

Can you please re-enstate that feature on the next firmware update? 

Hi,

I have updated to this revision and I am facing the following issue :

When the power is down after turning it on, it takes arounf 20 to 30 seconds to have any signal on my TV.

During this mean time the front panel  WD light is ON (however the configuration is off by setup),

Also, the internal Hard Disk is off and internal fan is off.

After this time, the WD shows LOADING on my TV, then WD light turns off .

That Loading phase takes more 30 seconds to be ready.

So, now in total it takes around 1 minute for complete start up.

That behavior didn’t exist in the original revision 2.x when I bought the WD player. Before was very fast during this start up. Around 10 seconds it was ready to use.

Also, when everything is up, then I press the Turn off button on remote control, the player freezes for 5 seconds before OFF.

Can anybody  tell me if this behavior is correct with this newest revision ?

The most strange for me is the first 30 seconds when nothing is done before start loading.

Thanks,

Evandro

obs. : The hard reset (the button below of the hardware) has been tried. But the result is the same. Too slow start up.

Hi, I recently upgraded to 3.05.10, and it deleted some of my video files. I used wd link to connect to the hub and verified that some files had been removed. Any ideas why this happened ? Thanks

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone is having the same experience, but my WD TV Live Hub randomly keeps;

• Turning on by itself.
  • Occasionally just shows itself as ‘loading’ (WD light flashes for as long as I let it, before I have to disconnect from the electrical socket) when it turns itself on.
  • Rebooting itself while I’m watching a film (.mkv format), after varying amounts of times (its just done it now, which is what has prompted me to post this).
  • When is done either one of the above, I more often than not, have to go into ‘setup → Audio/Video Output’ and make sure that HDMI is set at 1080p 60Hz (my Samsung D8000 supports this), because it seems to ‘default’ itself to something lower, like 576 or 720!

All the above, aside from starting since the last FW update, is just starting to get on my nerves a little.

Can someone either point me in the right direction on how to perhaps solve all of this, or share your own experiances of any similar problems with this FW?

Thanks for reading

I also have notice lately the hub powering itself on, when I know no one has been near the remote or the unit.

I just thought I was losing it.

Since I have not used the hub in a couple of weeks I can’t said I experienced the other symptoms you described.

To say I have been critcal of past releases would be putting it lightly. But fair is fair and I have to say that this release finally seems to have gotten it right. For the first time, everything I use seems to work pretty well.

Every major issue I had has been addressed, along with a couple minor ones.

I have yet to try storing media locally with the Media Library function enabled. But I do have a large screen saver image folder kept on the device and so far the media library scanner hasn’t caused an issue, which is a dramatic improvement in itself.

Hopefully we can see more of this in the future! Job well done, if a bit late, WD. :slight_smile:

Hogger wrote:

I also have notice lately the hub powering itself on, when I know no one has been near the remote or the unit.

I just thought I was losing it.

Since I have not used the hub in a couple of weeks I can’t said I experienced the other symptoms you described.

Humm, it is remotely possible (pun intended :slight_smile: ) that some stray IR could be triggering it. If it happens frequently enough *I* would place a piece of black tape over the IR port on the Hub while it’s not in use just to make sure it’s the Hub and not some stray IR hitting it…

Hi

i want to buy a WD TV Live Hub and i’m living in Russia , i was wondering about the availablity of Slingplayer App in Russia? Can i use Slingplayer app in Russia or it is not available yet?

Thanks

Due to new firmware release, this thread is now closed.