New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

@ raphael_C

whats the point when WD still do not address the PNG Transparency and cropping BUG folder issue with the firmware again.

I am totally bemused and dispondent!!

1 Like

Whatā€™s the point of reporting the issues when itā€™s not being worked on, at least for the PNG issues. I wonder how difficult it is to support PNG in the firmware? I pity the the themersā€¦ they are really trying their best to do their work for free but WD *insists* on not supporting them.

I really hope that in the next firmware, there will fix these issues [1] [2] instead of implementing new features thatā€™s filled with bugs.

1 Like

Upgraded easily through USB, no dramas. Have not experienced any faults, through my use. Have used the iPhone app, which is a good idea, but could be made better (I.e. iTunes Remote).Ā Performance/responsiveness, may have been increased slightly as others have said.

Thumbnails issue is still there, and letā€™s down the look of most of the screen unfortunately.Ā 

Thanks

Media Library appears to be what it provides other clients and not how it seeā€™s media itself.

I can see and Play files from Win 7 Shares but it only displays in folder mode.Ā  Under two version back as the WD discovered the shares it consolidated the videos as a single library.Ā  This release, itā€™s just by folder.

Thinking that the WD would not advertise all media (local + Win7 network shares) I used a DLNA client to explore WD and only saw the local media listed.

What function does adding a network share to the media library provide?Ā 

Added all folders to media library.Ā  Only seen when viewing through FILES, MEDIA SERVER (DLNA w/o XML use) and via folders selecting Network Share.

Did I miss a step?

ComedyTime causes the WD TV Live Hub to reboot if you try to play a video. Ā I still have problems with Blu-ray ISO playing jerky with jerky sound.Ā 

Just updated the firmware and now have no access to my Windows Home Server where all my media files exist.Ā  I used folder view to access the files.Ā  The Home Server is not showing up in the Windows shares.Ā  Anyone else with this issue.Ā  Any ideas how I can fix this?

3.01.19 still does not fix Video_TS or ISO playback from DVDs created with Sony DVD Recorders (specifically the Sony VRD-MC6ā€¦maybe others too???).Ā Ā  I get a blank screen every time.Ā  This problem was originally described in the following thread:Ā  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Sony-Recorder-DVD-R-ISO-s-not-playing-SOLUTION-YET/td-p/93820Ā Ā Ā .Ā  Then, in mid 2011, WD fixed the problem with a firmware update (not sure which one, but someone suggested it was 2.04.13).Ā  Then the problem reappeared when I updated to 3.00.28.Ā Ā I didnā€™t do any updates between those two, so Iā€™m not sure which firmware version actually caused the problem to reappear.Ā  The reapperance is described in the following thread:Ā Ā Ā  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Sony-Recorder-Video-TS-not-playing-on-Hub-AGAIN/m-p/314168/highlight/false#M15883Ā .Ā  Unfortunately, because of this problem, I cannot play 99% of the videos in my library which consists almost exclusively of home videos that I recorded onto DVDs with the Sony VRD-MC6 and then loaded onto the WD TV Live Hub.Ā  Can WD please fix this? Thank you!Ā 

Is it my imagination, or is everything snapier?

Loving the WDTV iPhone app too :slight_smile:

Hi I have the same problem since the last update I cant Access to My windows PC and My book LiveĀ :angry:

So far no luck installing this update.

Tried direct updating from the internet, which kept on timing out blaming my internet connection (which was fine).Ā  This happened 3 consecutive times.

So I then downloaded the patch to usb drive, unzipped to the root level and am trying to run the upgrade manually.

Its been at 4% now for nearly 45 minutes with no option to cancel (however I am warned about removing the storage or disconnecting the power).

Ideas?Ā  Anyone?

Edit: this is the first issue Iā€™ve had in 4 firmware upgrades ā€¦

In answer to my own issue ā€¦ in case Iā€™m not the only one caught out by this.

I unplugged the device (!!)
I removed ALL files off the usb drive except the .BIN .FFF .VER and .BI2 ones

Turned the device on, which returned a screen demanding a usb device with firmware files.

Inserted the stick, and its apparently worked.

So, was it the .wdtv directory on the stick?Ā  the .info file?Ā  the .txt file???Ā  the random directory with non-media files on it?

Its definitely female :smiley:

grbacker wrote:

Media Library appears to be what it provides other clients and not how it seeā€™s media itself.

I can see and Play files from Win 7 Shares but it only displays in folder mode.  Under two version back as the WD discovered the shares it consolidated the videos as a single library.  This release, itā€™s just by folder.

Thinking that the WD would not advertise all media (local + Win7 network shares) I used a DLNA client to explore WD and only saw the local media listed.

What function does adding a network share to the media library provide? 

Added all folders to media library.  Only seen when viewing through FILES, MEDIA SERVER (DLNA w/o XML use) and via folders selecting Network Share.

Did I miss a step?

No, youā€™re misunderstanding the functionality.

Media Library is the consolidation of all the metadata and presentation of the same.  It has nothing at all to do with DLNA.  

The DLNA server in the Hub has never allowed you to stream anything other than local content (internal HD or USB.)

You can still view everything all together by changing your FILTER settings, as has always been the case.

Not sure if iā€™m the only one, but after updating to firmware 3.01.19 all my folders cover (images in the folder named folder.jpg) wont show in the cover, now all my folders look like one of the items inside, movie, tv episode, etcā€¦

azt3c wrote:

Not sure if iā€™m the only one, but after updating to firmware 3.01.19 all my folders cover (images in the folder named folder.jpg) wont show in the cover, now all my folders look like one of the items inside, movie, tv episode, etcā€¦

No, youā€™re definitely not the only oneā€¦

Vote for THIS ISSUE.

A step closer, but yet not complete:

After 3.01.19 upgrade via network and adding 4 Network Shares (multiple selections) to the library and then a RESTART the compiling message came up and I thought I was on track.Ā  However out of the 4 Win7 shares (+950 movies) only the movies on the LOCAL drive and the first WIN 7 Share compiled in the list.

All movies are seen via FILES option under the HUB.

When attempting to re-add folders via the OPTION feature (think the Multiple selection failed) it says those shares already exist.Ā 

Restarting a second time did not change.

The Win7 Shares are named Video, Video2, Video3 and Video4 (seperate SATA drives).

All movies are MPEG2 and play correctly.Ā 

Release 3.01.19 (12/20/11) fails.Ā  Version 3.00.28 missed this mark as well.

I see no notes in how to REMOVE a share from the library, ways to list what shares are in the library or ways to reinitialize the library so I guess Iā€™m stuck.

If someone gets to a solution where multiple network shares can be added to the LOCAL drive and viewed in one consolidated library, Iā€™m more than willing to give it another try.Ā  For now, Iā€™ll rollback to 2.08.13 as it at least consolidated the 4 network shares leaving me the option to get to all movies by simply selecting Network Share or Local drive.Ā 

GRBacker:Ā 

In 3.01.19, Media Library shares are managed differently than they were in 3.00.28.

In 3.01.19, ALL Media Library functionality is controlled via the SETUP / SYSTEM / MEDIA LIBRARY menus.

That is where you View, Add, Remove, Re-scan the shares that are part of the media library.

After setting it up the first time, you should CLEAR the Media Library and let it build from scratch.

Just setting the ā€œContent Sourceā€ to a NAS share does not use or otherwise do anything to the Media Library.

Network transfer speed seems improvedā€¦10%

Latest firmware is a nightmare! When using digital passthrough with hdmi only sound with files with dolby digital and dts.

no sound with files using aac

no sound with spotify

no sound with vimeo

no sound with anything except the new apps like the collegesports app.Ā 

installed 3.00.28 and everything works fine again!

roll back to 2.08.13. Then use this link :Ā  http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlivehub_3.00.28.zip to updrade to 3.00.28 with usb. The link to the3.00.28 rollback zip is not working! Also very frustrating after the 3.01.19 debacle.

Ok I have a question. When you add a network shared folder to the media library how do you remove it from the media library?

NYTEMAYR wrote:
Ok I have a question. When you add a network shared folder to the media library how do you remove it from the media library?

The same place you added it.  The Media Library Manager.