New Release - Firmware Version 2.07.17 for WD TV Live Hub (8/2/11)

Mine got stuck at the 2/2.

Wouldn’t complete, can’t use USB firmware update as it doesn’t see it.

Only fix was to go static on the IP and plug into the router and once I restarted it, it completed the update.

Picasa seems to be broken on this release, it will not accept my user/password (I get Invalid user/password).

Same account works for Youtube Videos, so it’s definitely a problem with Picasa.

I had no problems with the update other than it took 30 minutes to update.

Pros: Hulu Plus works like a champ so far. (No lag,easy menu to navigate, logical placement of options, l lost power     

tonight while watching Hulu, reboot and I started back where I left off.)

No crashes so far with Netflix…:smiley:

Shoutcast is awesome for the most part.

Menu seems responsive…

Cons: Wireless keyboard searches don’t work with Hulu Plus (searches work with Shoutcast, YouTube, and Netflix).

Directional arrows on keyboard still don’t work on any searches.

Shoucast says that certain streams are not available, go to pc, and I can stream that same station.

No option to stretch screen in Hulu Plus.

WD, good shot on this release.:smiley: I have been **bleep** since 2.06.10 release and so far the wait has been worth it. I have check other areas, will update soon.

It seems WD do not add the features we all most want…In last FW is added features that have very few votes. The most wanted feature is missing again. So i give up. Until now i have 3 products from WD but from now on i will not buy anything from WD since they dont care what users most want!

Finally, i can now pass true hd through to my amp! Thanks

Still no real fix for the Vorbis and ogg formats grrrrr… :angry:

They should expand more options to the subtitles because when I watch foreign movies (Japanese) when a song is played while a character speaks, they all appear in one group making it difficult to read and understand what they are saying. Plus when a certain word, object or reference needs an explanation they also appear in the same group where the character’s words are translated. When I watch them on my PC the subtitles for songs and information appear at the top of the screen or colored differently making them easy to recognize which is which.

Can someone from the WD tech team make this happen. It will make everyone’s lives much easier to enjoy foreign films.

Thanks

1 Like

well, for the uk users.

there’s nothing new apart Shoutcast and the fixes pfftt.

Have anyone noticed the reversed home screen menu or is it just mine hub?

Had the same eperience as many others with the upgrade failing  to complete properly, and had to reinstall using USB stick.  All now seems to work ok so far, except that if a Shoutcast broadcast is playing when the screen saver cuts in, it immediately stops and has to be restarted.

Residing in the UK, I was hoping that BBC iPlayer might appear with this uprade, but no such luck.

Oh MY GOD WesternDigital!, this update is pure TRASH, you have ignored the communities wants list and just went ahead and decided to release what you deem as important (TRASHBOOK FACEBOOK Update). You’re having a joke yeah???

1 Like

The update worked for me although it was slow. So far basic functionality seems to work. I did have a problem where the coloured funtion keys didn’t work. I had to go to Setup and reset them to defaults as they had all lost their settings.

This release has introduced a serious problem with the screensaver - whenever it cuts in, it stops whatever’s playing dead in its tracks.  Needs sorting out urgently please WD, as the only round it is to disable the screenaver completely.

Ok, false alarm re screensaver - first disabled it, then set it back to what  I had before & everything was fine.

devzero wrote:
Wow. Was just going thru the usual unable to play media reboot error and it caught the update within half hour of release. Now when the system restarts each time it goes thru phase 2/2 of the update and complains “Incomplete firmware upgrade…” Seems to work though

Maybe it would help WD to know if this is directly related to those who are updating using wifi. So I am asking, if you had the problem quoted above let them know HOW your update was done. WiFi or on a wired connection.

Maybe it’ll help pinpoint what ever the heck is going on.

Now I’m gonna go update mine Manual hard wired and see what happens.  :slight_smile:

DimitarCC wrote:
It seems WD do not add the features we all most want…In last FW is added features that have very few votes. The most wanted feature is missing again. So i give up. Until now i have 3 products from WD but from now on i will not buy anything from WD since they dont care what users most want!

Second that…

It’s sad WD has a forum with tons of ideas from their customers, yet they give us Facebook and Hulu? [Deleted].

1 Like

yip i`ve had the same issues with the update using wifi and i totally agree that the new functions are rather useless…fixing the media library problems whn searching for genres or other stuff we suggested in the user forum would have been great!!!

One new addition I have noticed - Youtube trailers for movies are now available. 

HOWEVER, we need to “get content info” all over again to have that option enabled. That **bleep** big time. I have over 500 movies. I spent hours getting content info for each of them. Now they have added this new feature, but it can be accessed only if we rescan for content info. 

WD developers, please make it so that the youtube trailers can be added without rescanning for each and every file. Or atleast setup a scan option for entire folders at one go!

I was using my live hub just before I installed this firmware update.  All appeared fine and the unit said it would restart to finalise the update.  It turned off and never restarted.  Now I am unable to turn it back on with the remote or the button on the front.  I’ve tried unplugging power then reconnecting, pressing & holding the reset button etc and nothing works, the light on the front doesnt even light up.  The entire thing appears totally dead.

It looks like, this update fix also the problem to play my MTS (AVCHD) movie files from my camcorder Canon HF100.

Facebook, Facebook, Facebook… it’s not serious. for when the function  change 4/3 to 16/9 for video ???

1 Like