New Release - Firmware Version 2.04.13 for WD TV Live Hub (3/8/11)

Briain wrote:

Could someone from WD R&D please give me their thoughts on how this might go such that I can take a decision? 

We’re investigating it. I can’t give you a more detailed answer than that at the moment, unfortunately.

Hi Oxter

Yes, I have reported it officially and it was also suggested that I now use the forum as the R&D folks will indeed monitor it.

Hi Guy_K

Thank you very much indeed for getting back to me. I can hold of sending it back for another few days, so if you happen to find anything out this week, could you please let me know? I don’t need a fix date; I just need to know that you have identified it, and that you agree that it is something which will be addressed. The fact that it is pseudo-intermittent and that it happened with less file types in the previous firmware build indicates that it is something that can be sorted. All I need is confidence that it is something you intend to sort and I’d then be far more confident about taking the risk and holding onto the unit. :wink:

Bri

PS I ‘ripped’ Moulin Rouge to iso but with only the film and stereo sound. That meant there was no main menu to do the trick explained in my previous post, but I fully restarted the film 8 times and on the 8th restart it worked flawlessly  (with fantastic sound and for the entire film). :smiley:

:smileyvery-happy:

Released new firmware today.  Closing this thread.

Hello

The following error still exists! :cry: 

After switching the media center (complete separation from the power supply - power strip) the personal adjustment of video output (eg HDMI 1080p 24Hz) automatically reset to a default setting (720p 50Hz). Here in order to reconstruct the connected via HDMI LCD TV (Sony KDL-40NX705 / W). It’s certainly technically possible to maintain this personal setting permanent?

see < http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Fehlermeldung-FW-2-03-24/idi-p/130020

regards

Heinz

I would suggest you post on the link so that it is recognized on the next firmware update.