New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_V for the WD TV Live (5/12/11)

Just check now some movies and yea the sound bar goes to right and cant change it anymore.With the subtitles it messed up.When choose one,of you want to rechoose the subtitles bar disappeared and cant see nothing.Maybe the worst firmware?I think yea.Wd  can make much more than that.From 1.02.21 firmware till now there is nothing improve to the quality of the player.From when the application take place in the firmware all the other basically things **bleep**ed up.

Make a good firmware that repect the so many users that have buy this media player one year now.

I cant play iso-images anymore with this foimware. No matter if dvd-iso or bd-iso. The screen just turns black and thats it. The files have worked with the older firmware.

Another issue,

I get “No Network avaiable” when going into Facebook.

It was OK with previous firmware.

Deezer is working through network without any problems,so what is wrong?

lol. You don’t have a pc at home to login to fb?

ISO playback broken for me also…please post link to old firmware and instructions to roll back :frowning:

Link to  1.04.3, that one was actually working well for MKV and ISO for me.

Found the link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/p/208,299/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNTI5NDUzOC9zaWQvekN5UFRSdGs%3D

Before doing the rollback I checked server log and it had been performing a back up…possibly that was problem.

I also cycled the wdtvlive unit power.

It is playing ISO and MKV for me now.   I am going to leave the new firmware unless problem occurs again.

You don’t have a pc at home to login to fb?

Maybe you’re just joking around, and fair enough if so. If not, that’s just a silly non-excuse for a problem with a feature that is offered as part of this product. If that was the attitude WD really wants us all to take, we should all return our WD products and simply hook our PCs into our TVs. After all, listening to music, watching movies, looking at photos all WORKS GREAT there too! And it doesn’t get sketchy with patches to the PC. I am all for the progress that’s been made to the TV Live’s capabilities over the last year or so, but I have little use and little respect for sloppy regression testing.

1 Like

I cant believe that “yet” another firmware is released full of bugs. Where is the quality control on these releases ??? Its safe to say the death of WDTV Live has started now

2 Likes

Found the link to rollback firmware

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/p/208,299/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNTI5NDUzOC9zaWQvekN5UFRSdGs%3D

so far all my mkvs on my media server are not able to detect my subtitles and the “No subtitles” text does go all the way to the left of the screen.

to me, this release is worse than the previous one! i regret updating. on a friday night!!

can you guys pls post the link to the previous firmware? i need it stat!

edka0s wrote:

so far all my mkvs on my media server are not able to detect my subtitles and the “No subtitles” text does go all the way to the left of the screen.

to me, this release is worse than the previous one! i regret updating. on a friday night!!

can you guys pls post the link to the previous firmware? i need it stat!

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

Someone have checked 3TB comatibility?¿

I have a seagate goflex and a wd my book 3tb…i would like know opinions before make a try…

thanks in advance!

isacumi

Something wrong with option menu now.

Text info appear  at left part of screen and even out of range.

I have composite connection crt tv 4:3.

Dear Developers

In the new Firmware i can not change DVD Subtitles in my DVD ISO Images. In the Firmware Version 1.04.22 is Subtitle Changing O.K.

Also if you scroll to the right with the remote its rapid now instead of 1 position over.  Scrolling to the left has the same effect.  This needs to be fixed too.

Same here. When you try to scroll through thumbnails, it jumps like a machine gun and makes the media player almost unusable. PLEASE address this issue.

On a positive note, (and this is highly subjective) the picture quality appears to be better when viewing mkvs upscaled to 1080p. Also, thumbnails display much quicker, almost instantly.

The option bar places info to the far left of the bar, rather than under the middle where it belongs.  Not a game changer, but not nice, either.

Well…at least I am glad I won’t be wasting any time with this update…sounds like a real winner.

Staying pat on 1.02.21

VP

Also looks like some troubles with tune-n, some of my stations like soma fm groove salad now starts very long time.

It shows black screen with blue circle about minute, than it can start playing.

i’ve downgraded and can now use my iso-images again.

Offtopic,

why can’t i post with IE9?

f1database wrote:

Offtopic,

why can’t i post with IE9?

Because Microsoft broke things… again :wink:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/IE9-and-WDC-Forum-Compatibility/td-p/167170

rostron wrote:

To     WDBill_s

When will you be able to fix the downsampling audio issue.

I had high hopes that this firmware release would do it, but it hasnt.

That’s funny.  I’m a moderator, not an engineer.  I can’t fix anything.  I thought you guys would figure that out by now.

6 Likes