New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_B for WD TV Live Plus (5/17/11)

I’m another with the streched picture on a 4:3 tv after updating with changing from normal to wide and back to nromal only being a temp thing.

What is the last one before so I know which to revert to. The page on the Knowlege base shows 1.04.31_B as the newest. but want to be sure.

computer2slow wrote:

I’m another with the streched picture on a 4:3 tv after updating with changing from normal to wide and back to nromal only being a temp thing.

What is the last one before so I know which to revert to. The page on the Knowlege base shows 1.04.31_B as the newest. but want to be sure.

Firmware order:

• Version 1.05.04_B 

• Version 1.04.31_B 

• Version 1.04.22_B  

• Version 1.04.18_B  

• Version 1.04.17_B 

• Version 1.04.10_B 

• Version 1.03.49_B  

1 Like

Thank you. Went to 1.04.31_B guess I was a couple behind since I didn’t have cimema now. So will see how 31 goes if bad will goto 22.

Again thanks for the quick help.

Ever since updating to the current firmware, I am having trouble with the auto login to network share option.  If I have the auto login option turned on I can not access my network share.  If I turn it off and enter the login and password every time it works fine.  I tried clearing the login data in setup and resetting the player to factory default, neither fixed the issue.  Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

aldamon wrote:

After updating to this firmware, I’m having aspect ratio problems with Netflix. I have a widescreen TV (via component) and the WD box is set to widescreen, but Netflix is streaming letterboxed material. Resetting the defaults fixed the problem for one session but it reappeared the next time we powered on the unit. Anyone else seeing this?

I was unable to work around this problem but rolling back the firmware fixed it. Again, this is with a component connection.

I have 2 of these devices. Just got the 2nd today. The first one could play .mkv file formats. Now neither of them do. Is this because of the firmware update?

Duckman wrote:

I have 2 of these devices. Just got the 2nd today. The first one could play .mkv file formats. Now neither of them do. Is this because of the firmware update?

I would guess that is the problem, but to be sure, why not just update and find out.  With two machines, I suggest using a USB-drive to upgade.  Updating with USB reqires separate download and unzip using a PC, but the time you saved upgrading two will definitely make that extract step worthwhile.  Once you get the files on the USB, the update time is about just the two reboots the system does during upgrade.

With update using USB drive, you can update and/or roll back very quickly.  So do try it out.

Good luck

Rick

blueribb

Are you using IE9 as your post is blank.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/Internet-Explorer-9-and-Firefox-4-issues-with-WD-Community/td-p/178832

I realized the problem and then edited using another browser. I then saw my post but it since disappeared. Weird.

Let’s try again

Besides the text shifting problem and text disappearing, I have noticed 3 more annoying problems:

1. Some files take longer to start (1 to 10 seconds of black screen)

2. After FastForwarding (2X, 4X, etc) and then pressing PLAY, some AVI files will STOP.

3. I used to press PLAY on VIDEO_TS folders to play their content but that stopped working. I now have to select a VOB file instead.

My 3TB Drive works!!!   Thanks WD Support for not giving up!!!   :manvery-happy:

yeah - that’s really annoying. rolling back via 1.05.0(5) for 1.04.31 was the only way unfortunately.

and the ui didn’t get better at all, did it?

I also have trouble with this fiemware, in my CRT i watch videos with black stripes al boths left/right sides of the screen, I temporaly solved it changing in setup from compsite/PAL to compsite/NTSC an then back to compsite/PAL, I must do this every time i turn on the player till i downgrade the firmware to version 1.04.31_B and all back to normal.
I expect it will be solved in next upgrade because now every timeI turn it on it starts in the upgrade option! :) 

I encountered a bug with this release.

I usually leave my box on all the time so I don’t have to wait through the loading screen. Lately, after it’s been sitting for a long time, it’s like the box went to sleep and wont wake up. It just doesn’t output a signal, I can’t turn it off using the remote… To get a signal, I have to unplug the unit from power and plug it back in.

Panasonic TC-P46G25 via HDMI

Anyone else experience this?

Yes…Me too. Ive had 2 of my boxes freeze up after being powered up for a long time (at least 3 days).

i have tried them all (firmware) and the only one that work ok for me is the 1.3.49.B all the others have problems, what a waiste.

There is a problem in Switching between subtiles in .mkv file, pls take cafe of it in the next version. Thanks

II have already posted some of my experiences with this firmware on the first page in this thread. In that post, I mentioned that I had been having HDMI power up problems for a long time, but I had not used the firmware long enough to post about those problems. Well, now that I have been using this firmware for a few weeks, unfortunately, the same HDMI problems still exist.

I have had these same problems for the past 9 months. These problems have existed in 1.03.29, 1.03.43, 1.03.49, 1.04.10, 1.04.17, 1.04.22 and 1.04.31.

Power up problems:

1. The Live Plus box powers up with the HDMI resolution set at 720p, which my TV does not support. (This would be OK if the WD box would remember the video settings that I manually set…see the next 2 problems). 

2. The box does not remember the video resolution settings that I manually set. I go into the WD setup menu and set the hdmi output to 1080i 60Hz. However, after powering the WD box off/on, the WD box boots up at 720p. (The only resolution that my TV does NOT support). 50% of the time the WD powers up set at 720p and the other 50% of the time, the WD box powers up correctly set at 1080i 60Hz.

3. The box does not remember the color space settings that I manually set. I go into the WD setup menu and set the color space to RGB Low. However, after powering the WD box off/on, the WD box boots up set at RGB High, (most of the time), or YCbCr (infrequently). Sometimes, the WD box powers up correctly set at RGB Low.

To summarize: I manually set the video output to 1080i 60Hz, and RGB Low. However, 50% of the time, the WD box powers up incorrectly set at 720p, and either RGB High or YCbCr. 50% of the time, the WD box powers up correctly set at 1080i 60Hz, and RGB Low.

I have an older Panasonic Plasma TV that does not support 720p. It does support 480i, 480p, and 1080i. It supports a lot of computer standard modes (800X600, 1024X768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, etc), and it also supports HDCP copy protection.

When I manually set the WD output to 1080i 60Hz, and RGB Low, it always works on the first try, and the videos play correctly on my TV at that resolution/frequency and color space. Also, Netflix plays correctly at 1080i, indicating that the HDCP copy protection on my TV is being recognized by the WD box.

I do not understand why this problem is so hard to fix. When the user sets the HDMI video output manually, the WD box should remember those settings and set the video output the same way when it powers up.

Why is the WD box trying to set a different output resolution and color space when I have already set them manually to what I want?

removed posted in wrong place ooooops

hi all,

After updating new firmware , i am facing problem at the time of Watching movie.

1. Option menu is not working properly.

2. Subtitle option can not change …

then i rool back to 1.04.31_B , then option menu problem solve but that have bringtness issue.

Any idea how can I solve it…

Thanks.

raihan Kabir

hi

It seems they work on it [to solve it] ,it is the overall problem widely discussed here.

It seems we must be more patient

regards

pawson