New Firmware Release - WD TV Live Plus Firmware Version 1.03.49_B (11/16/10)

Any files that use AAC Digital sound no longer works. Everything was working just fine (well, sound wise anyways) before the upgrade. How can I fix this?

Restoring to factory defaults seems to have fixed my audio issues. Now I just hope that I can consistently access my network shares from now on with the new firmware.

WD TV live connected to the Samsung 46LEB650 TV using HDMI, TV connected to a Pioneer AVR using TOS.

The old firmware allowed me to route AC3 5.1 through the TV to the AVR (adding the correct sync delay in the TV). Now, there is no sound. MP3 Stereo works. Setting the audio to stereo also works. A direct TOS link of teh WD TV to the AVR also works, but then I lose audio sync.

Is this the result of the “improved” HDMI handshaking?

Would a factory reset fix this issue?

Yesterday my WDTV Live Plus received and installed (successfully) firmware version 1.03.49_B. Now the device is unable to play MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) and access files on a Windows 7 PC. Both worked before the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me how to download and install the previous firmware version for WDTV Live Plus?

Thanks

Holodeck wrote:

Yesterday my WDTV Live Plus received and installed (successfully) firmware version 1.03.49_B. Now the device is unable to play MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) and access files on a Windows 7 PC. Both worked before the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me how to download and install the previous firmware version for WDTV Live Plus?

Thanks

ave you tried the overkill reset:

reset via the side paperclip button with the unit on

reset to factory defaults via the internal menu

unplug from the power for some minutes, not seconds.

do all 3 before using the unit again

This is recommended after a firmware update particularly if you experience problems.

Holodeck wrote:

Thanks

http://www.wdc.com/wdtvliveplus_limitedpublicbetarelease/

Half way down the page is the rollback firmware link.

I got my 1st player 11/1/10  and loved it, so I got another 11/10/10. It was all great!!. Got the firmware update the 17th and it is now no longer connecting automatically to my network. Using the Netgear wn111 n thumb sticks and a Netgear WNR2000 router… Before this firmware upgrade I would turn on plus and navigate straight to the nas and into the folders and hit play on folders. Now tells me unaccessable. Same with Netflix. I have to go into network settings and try to connect over and over again until it finally decides to connect. I can watch the blue led on my thumbs and they don’t start flashing right away like they are searching for network. I can tell when it finally connects before the wdtv screen tells me by behavior of flashing light in the thumb stick. Its like the plus isn’t initiating the wn111 like it use to. Strange??? I should have know better… If its not broke, don’t fix it! Augh!!! Does anyone know if its possible to return device to state this device was before the 17th? Any help would be appreciated.

skibumtim wrote:

I got my 1st player 11/1/10  and loved it, so I got another 11/10/10. It was all great!!. Got the firmware update the 17th and it is now no longer connecting automatically to my network. Using the Netgear wn111 n thumb sticks and a Netgear WNR2000 router… Before this firmware upgrade I would turn on plus and navigate straight to the nas and into the folders and hit play on folders. Now tells me unaccessable. Same with Netflix. I have to go into network settings and try to connect over and over again until it finally decides to connect. I can watch the blue led on my thumbs and they don’t start flashing right away like they are searching for network. I can tell when it finally connects before the wdtv screen tells me by behavior of flashing light in the thumb stick. Its like the plus isn’t initiating the wn111 like it use to. Strange??? I should have know better… If its not broke, don’t fix it! Augh!!! Does anyone know if its possible to return device to state this device was before the 17th? Any help would be appreciated.

read the post above yours

richUK wrote:

read the post above yours

Now, why would someone go and do something silly like that?? :dizzy_face:

After the update, the MT2S movies are not playing well, they start to do small jumps, despite the sound playing in countinuos way.

The currently update turn my main use of WD TV LIFE PLUS not usefull fot the purpose that I bought it, that is playing the movies that I recorded with my sony handcam.

I am thinking in rolling back to the past version of firmware, How I do that ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Roberto Slepetys

Slepetys wrote:

After the update, the MT2S movies are not playing well, they start to do small jumps, despite the sound playing in countinuos way.

The currently update turn my main use of WD TV LIFE PLUS not usefull fot the purpose that I bought it, that is playing the movies that I recorded with my sony handcam.

I am thinking in rolling back to the past version of firmware, How I do that ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Roberto Slepetys

If you do as much research on your files as you do on rolling back firmware then no wonder you have problems.

If you don’t understand what I am talking about look at the posts above yours and all will be revealed.

Rolled back firmware to 1.03.29_B. And the reason I posted without doing the stuff recommended above is because it didn’t come up in the search results for “auto connect” and “WN111”.  Imagine that… now why would someone do something that doesn’t even reach them? The resetting was a waste of time. Only a rollback would help. I will never upgrade again. I feel WD doesn’t know what they’re doing. I started using 11/12/10 and started having issues after firmware upgrade. I feel sorry for the other new customers that had purchased their devices this November then got thrown into this garbage. I almost RMA’d to Newegg.

I have my HDMI sources (including the WD TV Live Plus) plugged into a 5-Port Smart HDMI Switch (auto-switches among 5 input sources).  Ever since the 1.03.49_B firmware, occasionally I’ll see the screen go black for a second or two while watching a movie on the Live Plus.  It’s as if the signal drops to a level perhaps that the HDMI switch thinks it is non-existent perhaps?  Doesn’t seem to do this with the 1.03.29_B firmware.

Any ideas?

donaf wrote:

I have my HDMI sources (including the WD TV Live Plus) plugged into a 5-Port Smart HDMI Switch (auto-switches among 5 input sources).  Ever since the 1.03.49_B firmware, occasionally I’ll see the screen go black for a second or two while watching a movie on the Live Plus.  It’s as if the signal drops to a level perhaps that the HDMI switch thinks it is non-existent perhaps?  Doesn’t seem to do this with the 1.03.29_B firmware.

Any ideas?

Have you tried firmware 1.04.10_B?  

Did you do a factory reset following firmware update?  (Paperclip the side button, then factory reset from system menu, then power cycle).

Yes, and it had the same results as the 1.03.49_B.  In fact, I started with 1.04.10 and it exhibited this issue, rolled back to 1.03.49_B and still the same, so rolled back to 1.03.29_B

However, in all this I did not try the reset procedure (hopefully, that’s the magical missing piece to this puzzle).  I’m currently at 1.03.29_B and did the reset process there.  Plan to go to the next level (1.03.49_B) and try the reset procedure there also, then I’ll update this post with the results.

UPDATE:  Ran the reset procedure on my WD TV Live Plus and so far I’ve seen the signal drop once since, so it is not totally resolved.  Now what?  Obviously there is something in this 1.03.49_B update that must be affecting it as 1.03.29_B seems to work okay and not exhibit this issue.

Just as an added note, I am running HDMI 12-bit color enabled when this occurs.  Apparently there was a problem with this feature in the earlier firmware that was fixed in this 1.03.49_B firmware.  Not sure if maybe this might relate to my specific problem or not.  Just thought I should mention that I do have the 12-bit color enabled.

If inputting your network / service passwords is driving you insane after each factory reset (it always annoyed the hell outta me), try plugging in a USB keyboard; although it’s a bit laggy in 1.04.10, should be faster than the remote. :slight_smile: